Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​@Chinahand, I believe I can explain it on a Flat Earth. The moon would also be upside down in Australia, i.e. the moon would rotate 180° as you move from pole to pole...thus 90° at the equator.

I don't think I understand you here Gerry. Care to explain in a bit more detail.

The moon is rising - ie just off the horizon. It is a half moon.

Just checking - you do agree if it is a half moon on the equator it will also be a half moon in Cape Town and Douglas, don't you?

On the equator the terminator is parallel to the horizon, what angle will the terminators be in Cape Town and Douglas.

Please do explain using some simple maths how you would calculate what the angle would be.

Over the earth rise photo, I don't have photoshop so have no comment to make, but did you use the original source?

Link

Now, I can just see the conspiracies whislting around Gerry's head if he gets different results with this photo compared to the BBC one.

It is the essence of a conspiracist mind. Build up any trivial difference to something hugely significant.

Over the earth rise photo, I don't have photoshop so have no comment to make, but did you use the original source?

Link

It is funny that you mention this, you see I knew that a couple of months ago the source did hold the same rectangle when manipulated RGB in Photoshop, then when NASA got wind of this the source was quickly changed.....So I looked for an old image that perhaps NASA had forgotten to replace with the new improved version, hence why I was taking it from a BBC post from 2008, I think they copied the original source image, but this was not replaced to hide the pasted on Earth. It also did have NASA on the bottom of the image from the BBC web page from 2008.

So we now have the conspiracy of why did NASA go to the trouble of changing the SOURCE photo so the rectangle does not show?

They have actually changed it to look like normal artifacts now, the smoking gun has gone from the archives now

Did you and Bob drink the NASA cool aid at 4:30 about the water on Mars? I particularly liked the way they wore their NASA astronaut jackets whilst telling bare faced lies to the space fans, it all adds to the mind control.

Look at that caveman go, its the freakiest shooooow.......IS there life on marrrrrrrs.

Reading about Quantum entanglement the other day and although it's been tried to a distance of 144 kilometres before the earths curve lost the signal, they're looking to fire photons upwards into space towards the $150 billion space station and their 400mm lens. They're looking to see if this holds for 250 miles and then to see if there's the possibility of a Quantum Satellite Network to produce a secure Internet.

Interesting stuff for forward thinking internet providers providing it's true.

Gerry, could you explain where the sun is in your diagram. Thanks.

Gerry, as well as explaining where the sun is, you also need to remember we can only observe one side of the moon from the Earth.

Please make sure you explain this, I don't think your current diagram is up to it, though I might be misunderstanding it.

So we are looking at a half moon, a bit like this one:

halfMoon.jpg

No matter where you are on a line of longitude this is the image you'll see, but as you change your latitude the moon will slowly rotate around.

Can you work out that this is a view from the Southern Hemisphere - the Moon's South Pole is higher than its North Pole.

Do you think your diagram explains this Gerry? Really?

Gerry, could you explain where the sun is in your diagram. Thanks.

Gerry, as well as explaining where the sun is, you also need to remember we can only observe one side of the moon from the Earth.

Please make sure you explain this, I don't think your current diagram is up to it, though I might be misunderstanding it.

Hello Gerry, care to comment on this?

As ever you obsess about really minor issues - like a photograph - while not admitting to the reality of very simple observations which cannot be explained on a flat earth.

Why do you see one face of the moon, but with it orientated at different angles as you change your latitude?

Your diagram cannot explains this - it presumes seeing different faces of the moon.

Are you going to admit this. If not you have to explain how your representation explains clearly observable things. We see one face of the moon, but its orientation changes with latitude.

This is a simple consequence of living on a globe.

It isn't something explainable in the diagram you've put up. Do you agree? Or disagree?

You need to stick to observations of reality, rather than obsessing about NASA. They are irrelevant to our understanding of observations of the face of the moon and how it is orientated.

Archived