Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the article

"As Garwood says, ultimately we all “choose our own truth”. You probably haven’t determined first hand that the Earth is a sphere and that it orbits the Sun. You (rightly) trust the people, books, photographs and whole fields of endeavour that indicate that these things are so. It is one hell of a conspiracy if they are not. Yet, it is right to admit that you do take certain people’s expertise on trust, and to think harder about why others might place their trust elsewhere. It is not, I promise you, just because they are stupid."

Just been having a skeet on Audible.co.uk and came across this gem:

Flat Talk: Talking to Your Loved Ones About Flat Earth Theory

Written by: Doug Mesner
Narrated by: Lori L. Parker
Length: 40 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:18/12/2015
Publisher: ZA Productions

Publisher's Summary

If you've advanced beyond the ball Earth deception and are searching for the truth, then this book will be an invaluable asset in your pursuit of rational dialogue with those who haven't ventured to the edges of their own paradigms and inspected the foundations of their own worldviews.

This is written for seekers of truth, not flat earthers and not ball earthers. This is written for those who know that theories that are closed to new data are no longer theories but dogmas. Where this will end up, nobody knows. Anyone claiming to know is either deceived or involved in deception. The truth is out there, but first we must change what's in our own minds, dropping our own prejudices and questioning our own premises if we are to arrive at it.

This book will guide you and those you care about out of the wilderness of mirrors, the quagmire of lies, the scientism masquerading as science, and the computer-generated illusions presented as reality.

cat.gif

i haven't got any flat earth videos, i'm just keepin an eye on the continuing trend. the guardian this time, huffington post and telegraph before. there were people who just thought gerry was windin them up. but "flat earth" has just got bigger and more prominent. who knows why? but it has x

i haven't got any flat earth videos, i'm just keepin an eye on the continuing trend. the guardian this time, huffington post and telegraph before. there were people who just thought gerry was windin them up. but "flat earth" has just got bigger and more prominent. who knows why? but it has x

Perhaps deflation is the cause.

I know why.

PGW - Because an America rapper (B.o.B) starts tweeting about his belief that the earth is flat. That generates responses from others and suddenly the media is interested because... celebrity. And celebrity generates traffic to their websites which drives advertising which creates profits...

There is nothing sinister in this. If it had been you tweeting about instead of B.o.B then the media would have had no interest whatsoever.

PGW - Because an America rapper (B.o.B) starts tweeting about his belief that the earth is flat. That generates responses from others and suddenly the media is interested because... celebrity. And celebrity generates traffic to their websites which drives advertising which creates profits...

There is nothing sinister in this. If it had been you tweeting about instead of B.o.B then the media would have had no interest whatsoever.

ye i know how it works mm. and, if i had a twitter account, i'm sure the media would be following it actually! how dare you belittle my potential tweeting clout! haha! i don't know what you mean about the sinister part though? x

Archived