Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's disturbing about that link is that the students are illustrating the process of argument by counter-arguing against a proposition that they know to be true. That's profoundly different to actually believing that the earth is flat on the basis of some tinfoil-hat twoofer nonsense, which is what I suspect is what has happened to you.

It's pretty simple to settle the argument by getting on a high-flying international flight and observing the curvature of the earth first-hand, but then that would be unweaving the unicorns from your personal rainbow, destroying your own self-appointed exalted position as a wannabe David Icke-prophet imparting your "special" knowledge to the world, even if the world wishes you'd just start taking your medication again.

In the meantime,I shall choose to believe that you and Gerry are a pair of attention-seeking, borderline-mentally-ill time-wasters. Perhaps you could prove that wrong.

well your suspicions are incorrect and unnecessary. if you have read my posts you would know my position on this subject. it's no secret. you don't seem to have done any research mate. or are you just a naturally suspicious person? you seem a bit green and wet. there are those who ridiculed gerry from the start of this thread. time has proved that the thread is valid. my posts pertain to these simple facts. again, it's simple to grasp, no matter how green you may be.

now, to be honest, i've always preferred steve ogrizovic, to icke. but if i wanted to be anyone it would be grobbelaar really. not sure how this is on topic but i don't mind talkin goalies with ye. you could even start your own thread called "johnathon travolta's random coventry goalies" thread.

as for your medical advice, how did you get hold of my private records, in order to make your assessment? where they in the cornflakes box with your psychology degree? or are you still watchin repeats of montel for your course work?

oh and unicorns yes i've seen them somwhere before. that's right you've always got them in your pockets you absolute mitty x

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/39/2a/84/392a84420092c55f30d96192704eaf61.jpg

Crikey guys, loosen up as you'll only end up in the same place as before but with bigger grievances.

Yes ok, I'll shut up :hug:

I don't have any grievances im just keeping up with topic of the thread. I don't see why anyone would begrudge that? And drop in to gob off even when they just get ripped anyway? Why has this topic disturbed and angered so many members of the same club? If science cannot be scrutinized it is a sad day. If there so sure of their ball, then what's to worry about? The truth will prevail surely. How has the debate even lasted this long if there isn't one to be ha?

These are genuine questions that people are very interested in. As this thread proves x

well your suspicions are incorrect and unnecessary. if you have read my posts you would know my position on this subject. it's no secret. you don't seem to have done any research mate. or are you just a naturally suspicious person? you seem a bit green and wet. there are those who ridiculed gerry from the start of this thread. time has proved that the thread is valid. my posts pertain to these simple facts. again, it's simple to grasp, no matter how green you may be.

now, to be honest, i've always preferred steve ogrizovic, to icke. but if i wanted to be anyone it would be grobbelaar really. not sure how this is on topic but i don't mind talkin goalies with ye. you could even start your own thread called "johnathon travolta's random coventry goalies" thread.

as for your medical advice, how did you get hold of my private records, in order to make your assessment? where they in the cornflakes box with your psychology degree? or are you still watchin repeats of montel for your course work?

oh and unicorns yes i've seen them somwhere before. that's right you've always got them in your pockets you absolute mitty x

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/39/2a/84/392a84420092c55f30d96192704eaf61.jpg

I suspect my opinions are factual. Well, certainly more factual than any of the "facts" you've posted so far, given your confusion over the term "fact" itself.

Calculating the veracity of a perspective by the number of YouTube views is a novel viewpoint - do you think that Psy is a prophet, and live your life by the gospel of Gangnam Style ?

I don't need private medical records to know when someone is a tiresome attention whore. I also don't need a dictionary to know the difference between "were" and "where".

The irony of calling me a "mitty" after all you've posted on the "Babylon is fallen/clearly not fallen" thread isn't lost on me either. Maybe the earth is flat if you spell its name with CAPITALS ?

I suspect my opinions are factual. Well, certainly more factual than any of the "facts" you've posted so far, given your confusion over the term "fact" itself.

Calculating the veracity of a perspective by the number of YouTube views is a novel viewpoint - do you think that Psy is a prophet, and live your life by the gospel of Gangnam Style ?

I don't need private medical records to know when someone is a tiresome attention whore. I also don't need a dictionary to know the difference between "were" and "where".

The irony of calling me a "mitty" after all you've posted on the "Babylon is fallen/clearly not fallen" thread isn't lost on me either. Maybe the earth is flat if you spell its name with CAPITALS ?

You don't know me and you're clearly a bit disturbed by such notions as freedom of the peaceful mind and the confidence to be honest. I just used what you wrote poorly, in a positive way. If you have a problem with something i have posted please feel free to discuss it. I just dont see the point of coming here to attempt toridicule, only to fail miserably. What does that do for you or this thread?

So PGW what do you think is the most convincing piece of evidence or argument made by those claiming the world is flat.

What is it they are actually saying which makes you think this "debate" is actually showing our well-evidenced and understood knowledge that the world is a sphere is actually mistaken?

We all know you have an abiding love of posting up YouTube videos, but where's the beef in what they are saying?

So PGW what do you think is the most convincing piece of evidence or argument made by those claiming the world is flat.

What is it they are actually saying which makes you think this "debate" is actually showing our well-evidenced and understood knowledge that the world is a sphere is actually mistaken?

We all know you have an abiding love of posting up YouTube videos, but where's the beef in what they are saying?

i'm not sure why you used the term abiding love, or how you "all" "know" that? it's not something i have said china. it makes your post more voyeuristic than genuine intirgue.

do your own homework i haven't got time for a meetin of the "flat earth" society. i'm a researcher not a claim maker, thought you knew that by now. far too quick for mitties. but at least i'm polite and honest. i don't feel the need to make unfounded claims about people's mental health, abilities to think for themselves, etc etc. i'm stable. i don't come in threads with half assed hit pieces and go back with my tail between my legs gettin called a walter. i'm just a genuine person who posts and mainly reads on this excellent forum. i live in peace and i wish you all peace at all times. but i will not take shit off anyone, especially as i don't deserve it, just for giving my perspective on a public forum. i hope that's ok with people, really i do. if not then i suppose i have misjudged what the ethos is around here. i think most of what i read is genuine and really informative. i hope that's not too naive of me, but if it is then so be it. we all know we live and learn x

Archived