Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to do the maths, Stinky - how fast is the ISS moving, how far away is it, how many frames a second the camera is taking. It moves a long way between frames.

As ever though - could you do any better? Thierry is one awesome astro-photographer for all your claims of amateurism.

When looking for evidence of the existence of something like the Hubble telescope, until now the only evidence we have of its existence has been the rather beautiful pictures presented by NASA over the years, now since they claim to have put it up there in the first place this cannot be taken as a good source for the evidence of its existence, an independent source is not much to ask. The below picture is NASAs proof of its existence.

hst-sm4.jpg?itok=xXITAp-h

The skeptic like myself may say that this could be nothing more than a cheap model dangling in front of a black background and that we only have NASAs word for it, but now the skeptic is bluntly silenced by Thierry Legault and his amazing proof that Hubble does indeed exist...I hope everyone is entirely satisfied that the smudge on the below image is empirical proof that Hubble exists?

post-35809-0-71847700-1466098761_thumb.jpg

Why are they buggering about inside a tin can a mere few hundred kilometers above earth, performing school type science experiments nearly 50 years after walking on the moon (quarter of a million miles away), I think it is because a few hundred kilometers is close to the limit of our containment.

Get a 5 x magnification night vision monocular, lay on your back in the garden on a clear night, there is a lot of activity going on up there, and I mean objects that change direction seeming intelligently, are they lizards, Archons or man, I don't know but something is going on that we are not being told about.

i would be a fool to try and claim i was anything better than definitely on a par with him china, but wouldn't his time be better spent actually looking in the telescopes rather than flying his model aircraft directly overhead?

nevermind how how snidy it looks, do maths. lots of maths x

i would be a fool to try and claim i was anything better than definitely on a par with him china, but wouldn't his time be better spent actually looking in the telescopes rather than flying his model aircraft directly overhead?

It isn't exactly difficult maths - it is a reasonably common school science project - read this link, Paul, to see how a German school project became an international project allowing school children to measure the height of the ISS as being 320km up.

Look at these three star charts of the ISS - one for Castletown, one for Edinburgh, one for Bristol. Position them so the picture is in the same position in their respective windows/tabs and then click between them - you'll see that the track of the ISS is different between the three locations (and if you remember I've already tried to explain (in my usual long winded way) that the only way these results can be explained is via a globe - if the earth was flat the way the track and star positions change with latitude would be different.

Anyone can go out and verify if these star charts are correct - it is really easy - you need a camera which can take long exposures and do an auto bust - in this example about 30 shots. You then need photoshop or similar to lay the photos on top of each other - in this composite you can see the gaps where the camera took a second or so to end and start the next individual exposures.

Mark-Humpage.jpg

You can see the stars, and how the track fits between them.

If three people got together in Castletown, Bristol and Edinburgh and did this one evening - the charts I've put up are for a pass on the 16th of July at between roughly 02:45 and 02:55.

They could compare the photos - lens distortion etc wouldn't be that important for a qualitative experiment as the stars would be on either one side or the other of the ISS track - you could clearly see it was different between the three different photos.

With a tiny bit more effort - involving an quadrant, or the the scale on a telescope or tripod the three friends could actually measure some angles and do the maths outlined in the Germany school project and so get a quantitative result.

The idea that there is some conspiracy here is laughable - with a very small amount of effort and cooperation anyone can measure the shape of the earth and the orbit of satellites etc.

It is a common school exercise. Yes it involves maths, but it also involves a bit of grit to actually go and measure and do something to show you can understand the world around us.

Found this lovely amateur video of an ISS pass.

I assume Gerry will claim it is fake - though he could easily do the same thing himself.

I like the comment in the description about having trouble with getting a lens to align in the view finder - my efforts involve one of these and it can be an absolute nightmare aligning it!

It isn't exactly difficult maths - it is a reasonably common school science project - read this link, Paul, to see how a German school project became an international project allowing school children to measure the height of the ISS as being 320km up.

Look at these three star charts of the ISS - one for Castletown, one for Edinburgh, one for Bristol. Position them so the picture is in the same position in their respective windows/tabs and then click between them - you'll see that the track of the ISS is different between the three locations (and if you remember I've already tried to explain (in my usual long winded way) that the only way these results can be explained is via a globe - if the earth was flat the way the track and star positions change with latitude would be different.

Anyone can go out and verify if these star charts are correct - it is really easy - you need a camera which can take long exposures and do an auto bust - in this example about 30 shots. You then need photoshop or similar to lay the photos on top of each other - in this composite you can see the gaps where the camera took a second or so to end and start the next individual exposures.

Mark-Humpage.jpg

If three people got together in Castletown, Bristol and Edinburgh and did this one evening - the charts I've put up are for a pass on the 16th of July at between roughly 02:45 and 02:55.

They could compare the photos - lens distortion etc wouldn't be that important for a qualitative experiment as the stars would be on either one side or the other of the ISS track - you could clearly see it was different between the three different photos.

With a tiny bit more effort - involving an quadrant, or the the scale on a telescope or tripod the three friends could actually measure some angles and do the maths outlined in the Germany school project and so get a quantitative result.

The idea that there is some conspiracy here is laughable - with a very small amount of effort and cooperation anyone can measure the shape of the earth and the orbit of satellites etc.

It is a common school exercise. Yes it involves maths, but it also involves a bit of grit to actually go and measure and do something to show you can understand the world around us.

"Yes it involves maths" ...and assumptions. but we've been over this i'm sure, during this 164 page epic. did you listen to the call to mr myslynski china? what do you make of it? thanks x

Mark-Humpage.jpg

"Yes it involves maths" ...and assumptions. but we've been over this i'm sure, during this 164 page epic. did you listen to the call to mr myslynski china? what do you make of it? thanks x

sorry for the bloat quote i tried my best not to yet somehow there it is

I note the way the conversation has shifted from the lack of evidence for the existence of Hubble, being conveniently ignored in favour of the path of the alleged ISS.

Oh yeah, that's right ... everyone is trying to avoid the issue about the whether Hubble exists.

Yeah right.

Archived