Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

9 minutes ago, bubba brown said:

Show us a plane(t) revolving around the sun. No cartoons please

No plane revolves around the sun, all the planets (irrespective of their shape) do. This is a different topic to flat earth, are you saying you do not believe the planets within our solar system revolve around the sun?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know bubba and he is on here because it was posted by me, as a reference, on my mates facebook page. my mate posted a flat earth topic starter on his own fb wall, with a caption  something like " here goes another day arguing with idiots" and the post contained a picture of the isle of man from england, as evidence on the "flat" side of the discussion. the post went on to have nearly 2500, replies,( one comment has nearly 300 replies!) and someone even became a ball earth skeptic because they were wathching the thread. just like here the thread has done alot to inspire people to inspect the heliocentric model, regardless of whether they believe in it or not. not just that but all the scientisif evidence and debate that comes with the subject matter. all in all its been really fun and good willed people havin a good chat an some great banter on there. io think its because we are all mates and even if not with everyone, its like your mates, mates, are your mates! its just a good thread.

anyway, bubba is genuine not a comedy or sock account, and i think hes asking fair questions.  he was refered here, and if hes read 50 pages i cant blame him for wanting to comment! i havent came back here for a few reasons. the obvious one is the lack of manners by some posters who just spoil decent convos an patter. other than that, the fe subject continues to grow, as does the search for that irrefutable proof of the size and shape of the earth, by those who do not and cannot know for themselves, currently. and i think i said all that needed to be said here from my perspective. i'm happy to discuss this subject with anyone, but i still dont know what the size and shape of the earth is, and there seems to be no way currently of proving that its an oblate spheroid spinning in space.  we are all entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to push them on someone against their will. thats why i said my piece and left yous all to it in the end. 

elsewhere on the forums i encountered the same problems with people being so base and rude and arrogant, it just wasnt worth contributing with whatever my thoughts may be, or links facts etc, as it became rare for any decent patter or discussions to emerge. bit like sifting through broken records to find a golden nugget. not quite that extreme but off putting all the same. at least on fb we get to see each others names mostly, and are able to view the true public opinions news etc of many different people of all ages stature etc.

anyway its nice to be back and maybe i will have a nose through the forums over the weekend an see whats new, and if anyone has taken it to the next level. hop tse is still here, wont take long to find out. sorry its such a long post but thanks again mf x

12 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

i know bubba and he is on here because it was posted by me, as a reference, on my mates facebook page. my mate posted a flat earth topic starter on his own fb wall, with a caption  something like " here goes another day arguing with idiots" and the post contained a picture of the isle of man from england, as evidence on the "flat" side of the discussion. the post went on to have nearly 2500, replies,( one comment has nearly 300 replies!) and someone even became a ball earth skeptic because they were wathching the thread. just like here the thread has done alot to inspire people to inspect the heliocentric model, regardless of whether they believe in it or not. not just that but all the scientisif evidence and debate that comes with the subject matter. all in all its been really fun and good willed people havin a good chat an some great banter on there. io think its because we are all mates and even if not with everyone, its like your mates, mates, are your mates! its just a good thread.

anyway, bubba is genuine not a comedy or sock account, and i think hes asking fair questions.  he was refered here, and if hes read 50 pages i cant blame him for wanting to comment! i havent came back here for a few reasons. the obvious one is the lack of manners by some posters who just spoil decent convos an patter. other than that, the fe subject continues to grow, as does the search for that irrefutable proof of the size and shape of the earth, by those who do not and cannot know for themselves, currently. and i think i said all that needed to be said here from my perspective. i'm happy to discuss this subject with anyone, but i still dont know what the size and shape of the earth is, and there seems to be no way currently of proving that its an oblate spheroid spinning in space.  we are all entitled to our beliefs but we are not entitled to push them on someone against their will. thats why i said my piece and left yous all to it in the end. 

elsewhere on the forums i encountered the same problems with people being so base and rude and arrogant, it just wasnt worth contributing with whatever my thoughts may be, or links facts etc, as it became rare for any decent patter or discussions to emerge. bit like sifting through broken records to find a golden nugget. not quite that extreme but off putting all the same. at least on fb we get to see each others names mostly, and are able to view the true public opinions news etc of many different people of all ages stature etc.

anyway its nice to be back and maybe i will have a nose through the forums over the weekend an see whats new, and if anyone has taken it to the next level. hop tse is still here, wont take long to find out. sorry its such a long post but thanks again mf x

Oh look, another post with just lower case letters.

Not seen that for a while :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

this week has just seen the first international Flat Earth conference in america. its come a long way since Lao pretended that there were no real flat earthers, and others naively thought no one would even talk about it. noww bbc radio has also covered the topic. just keeps gettin bigger and bigger for some reason x

Archived