Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

While you're stuck in the stone age period arguing about whether the world is flat, there are REAL PROBLEMS out there in the world. Perhaps it would be expediant to redress those issues before arguing over what is, basically, small potatoes. What does it matter to the child dying of dehydration, or the victims of Britain and America's drone bombings, or the women being arrested as terrorists for driving cars in Saudi Arabia, if it's happening on a flat or a sphere earth???????????

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While you're stuck in the stone age period arguing about whether the world is flat, there are REAL PROBLEMS out there in the world. Perhaps it would be expediant to redress those issues before arguing over what is, basically, small potatoes. What does it matter to the child dying of dehydration, or the victims of Britain and America's drone bombings, or the women being arrested as terrorists for driving cars in Saudi Arabia, if it's happening on a flat or a sphere earth???????????

I hope your irony is intentional.

I hope your irony is intentional.

I hope your intent is ironic.

Live footage of a rotating earth would look the same as footage of the moving hour hand on a clock played at half speed. How many YouTube hits would that get, and how long would you watch it for to convince yourself it was spinning?

i'd be happy to see the evidence thanks x

And let's not forget that even if those that have been to space aren't believed, and any video footage of the earth rotating would be dismissed as faked CGI.

This whole thread isn't really a discussion about facts and science, but philosophy. Any argument can be countered with "How do we know we're alive and not just dreaming it all?" or "how do we know everybody else on the planet isn't lying to us?"

do nasa admit it's cgi images they use? what do you mean x

They have cams set up for tidal purposes and all sorts of boring stuff, one on the moon would be great, and it would always point towards earth naturally, they have apparently put up seismic sensors, mirrors ,,bloody flags but not something that would truly prove they went there...

Am I getting this right? Because GerrryDandridge didn't see any Youtube videos of space operations until now he thinks they didn't exist in the 60s 70s 80s 90s etc and have all been CGI'ed recently?!!

They admit when they use CGI images. My point, which has been confirmed by Gerry, was that any footage or photos showing the earth is round will be dismissed as CGI whether they are or not. No proof is good enough. Evidence is dismissed as fake. It's a bit like talking to a bible basher who thinks what they think regardless of the evidence.

They have cams set up for tidal purposes and all sorts of boring stuff, one on the moon would be great, and it would always point towards earth naturally, they have apparently put up seismic sensors, mirrors ,,bloody flags but not something that would truly prove they went there...

You'd only say it was CGI images anyway Gerry.

They admit when they use CGI images. My point, which has been confirmed by Gerry, was that any footage or photos showing the earth is round will be dismissed as CGI whether they are or not. No proof is good enough. Evidence is dismissed as fake. It's a bit like talking to a bible basher who thinks what they think regardless of the evidence.

evidence must be provable beyond any reasonable doubt. can you provide that for the discussion please x

Archived