gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, notwell said:

:lol:

You are bringing religion into this?

You do realise that is made up too?

im not bringing religion into this. it was already in it when i first came across the subject.  it's one of the best subjects to research, lots of historical information from around the world which takes quite some time to manage. still interesting though x

7 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

You have to admire PGW's commitment to the long con.

Makes befuddled look like a rookie fresman psych student.

you are entitled to your opinions bobbie but if the subject is good enough for the bbc and freddie flintoff, its good enough for general chat on mf in the iom, no doubt. you are quite the regular to the topic. how ironic x

3 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

cant wait to see the results. are you planning any laser tests in the near future rb?

No I am not. 

Why should I personally do the tests, when several generations of scientists have already done them for me?  Have you become a dentist or car mechanic to prove them wrong as well? 

Have you looked at refracting lasers off of mirrors on the moon?

"when several generations of scientists have already done them for me?" that's the spirit old chap! unfortunately, not how science progresses though! i'm not trying to prove anyone wrong about anything, especially not a car mechanic or a dentist! where you gettin that from?  yes i've looked into the moon lasering. what of it?

7 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Doesn't it get tiring writing constant passive aggressive nonsense?

i wouldn't know mojo just research the subject for yourself im sure i have no need to converse with you if you have to be so rude about it? you can do it just as well as anyone else can do it  for you x

Just now, paul's got wright said:

i wouldn't know mojo just research the subject for yourself im sure i have no need to converse with you if you have to be so rude about it? you can do it just as well as anyone else can do it  for you x

Eh, why did you assume I was talking about you. Very presumptuous, and frankly somewhat egotistic. 

Do you understand the phrase “standing on the shoulders of giants” PGW?

Science is about trusting but verifying.

Is my table on shadow lengths accurate?

Scientists don’t rely on only things they can verify themselves. They rely on verified data created by earlier scientists.  It is perfectly scientific for someone wanting to set up a laser or radar to rely on previous verified research about how electromagnetic radiation will be refracted by the atmosphere.  Surely your not going to deny this?

The shadow lengths I gave you have been verified thousands of times around the world.  Every time someone on the news or radio says what the sunrise time will be the next day they rely on the same types of calculation.  I use similar tables and calcs whenever I want to point my telescope at a star. They work.

I’d really like to understand whether you think the shadow lengths i’ve given you are accurate or not. 

You can check the IOM one yourself and if you are ever anywhere else you can check there too. What will it take for you to trust this?

These calculation presume the world is a globe. And they work.  The sun will set at Castletown at16:12 tonight.  That verifiable prediction wouldn’t work if the world wasn’t a globe. 

1 hour ago, paul's got wright said:

you are entitled to your opinions bobbie but if the subject is good enough for the bbc and freddie flintoff, its good enough for general chat on mf in the iom, no doubt. you are quite the regular to the topic. how ironic x

When religion AND Flintoff are getting mentioned in relation to a flat earth you know things are taking a very weird turn.

Flintoff should be banned from all aspects of media.

Archived