Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tarne said:

But it's 183 pages of people not proving the world is round Neil! :P (well, in the eyes of Paul's Got Wright) 

If you ever met him in person Tarne, you would understand why...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Eh, why did you assume I was talking about you. Very presumptuous, and frankly somewhat egotistic. 

Eh, why did you assume I was talking about you. Very presumptuous, and frankly somewhat egotistic. 

i never. you never specified so i replied to an open comment. read you like a book mojo x

10 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

i never. you never specified so i replied to an open comment. read you like a book mojo x

Which would make perfect sense had you not directly quoted my comment. So presumptuous, so egotistic. Peace, love and triangular earth.

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Do you understand the phrase “standing on the shoulders of giants” PGW?

Science is about trusting but verifying.

Is my table on shadow lengths accurate?

Scientists don’t rely on only things they can verify themselves. They rely on verified data created by earlier scientists.  It is perfectly scientific for someone wanting to set up a laser or radar to rely on previous verified research about how electromagnetic radiation will be refracted by the atmosphere.  Surely your not going to deny this?

The shadow lengths I gave you have been verified thousands of times around the world.  Every time someone on the news or radio says what the sunrise time will be the next day they rely on the same types of calculation.  I use similar tables and calcs whenever I want to point my telescope at a star. They work.

I’d really like to understand whether you think the shadow lengths i’ve given you are accurate or not. 

You can check the IOM one yourself and if you are ever anywhere else you can check there too. What will it take for you to trust this?

These calculation presume the world is a globe. And they work.  The sun will set at Castletown at16:12 tonight.  That verifiable prediction wouldn’t work if the world wasn’t a globe. 

i understand fully what we are dealing with china, we all have the capability to understand science. especially natural science. im not denying anything about valid research. im not saying the things you test are invalid, just that they are not enough for me to come to the same conclusions as you! its as though you wish to force a belief on people, really it is. id be happy to do the experiment with you and we can see together, whether or not that alone would prove the size and shape of the whole earth. i'm all for testing just not jumping to conclusions. you talk about trust as if that's an issue for me!  when it is clearly nothing to do with trust. lets say every measurement you gave is accurate, what do you think that proves on its own, and how did you  come to that conclusion? by presuming a globe, meaning you dont know like i have been saying all along china. you dont know, you believe. that's fine by me x

1 hour ago, notwell said:

When religion AND Flintoff are getting mentioned in relation to a flat earth you know things are taking a very weird turn.

Flintoff should be banned from all aspects of media.

oh so if people disagree with you, they are to be banned from freedom of expression?

Ok paul, in the interests of this thread and totally without animosity. All I'm asking for is a simple and unambiguous answer to the following question.

Do you believe in a spherical earth, a flat earth or an earth of a completely different shape?

no i don't believe any of those things mojo. do you?

Archived