Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A time before computers were powerful enough to make up pictures that looked anywhere near real. 80s or early 90s would be good enough I would say.

Once you get to late early 2000s the CGI is believable to most, all this stuff china posts is 2000s and onwards

A time before computers were powerful enough to make up pictures that looked anywhere near real. 80s or early 90s would be good enough I would say.

Once you get to late early 2000s the CGI is believable to most, all this stuff china posts is 2000s and onwards

Yeh right. Nobody faked photographs before computers??? You only have to go back to the early films of the Soviet Union to see people being erased out of the picture after being sent to a firing squad by Stalin. And then there's the The Cottingley Fairies of the 1920s or all the fake ghost photos from the 1800s. Come on. Anything can be faked.

So if you saw footage of a rotating planet in the 1970s you'd think it was real? You're gonna love Star Wars.

So if you saw footage of a rotating planet in the 1970s you'd think it was real? You're gonna love Star Wars.

No because it was "art" made in a studio, they wont show a camera pointed at earth for say 24hrs, speed up to your hearts content or watch in normal time, the short 3 second clip of a fake earth as in "star wars" will be easily debunked as fake, i.e. it does not turn, its a very well constructed artists painting, they could not render animation of the clouds and continents whilst the earth is in motion.

evidence must be provable beyond any reasonable doubt. can you provide that for the discussion please x

It's impossible to provide that for someone who is unreasonable.

indeed. that's why i asked you for it to be provided in this discussion. thanks x

Why are you all still even bothering to discuss it with him, Gerrydandridge doesn't believe the earth is flat, there are no flat earthers here. there are better ways to waste your time than giving weight to the idea that there are any flat earthers to debate with in the first place.

Everyone here believes that the earth is spherical, Gerry included.

This discussion lacks the 2nd party in the argument that disagrees with the premise.

Why are you all still even bothering to discuss it with him, Gerrydandridge doesn't believe the earth is flat, there are no flat earthers here. there are better ways to waste your time than giving weight to the idea that there are any flat earthers to debate with in the first place.

Everyone here believes that the earth is spherical, Gerry included.

This discussion lacks the 2nd party in the argument that disagrees with the premise.

hi lao pretty sure i posted that i don't know and nor does anyone who hasn't been to space or circumnavigated the earth. how can they? i don't believe it's flat, the topography varies greatly. but we do use levels to build so making parts flat is standard. the mountains and hills are surely not flat. they are not a continous curve either. and we have sea level. and i don't believe anything outside of my own knowledge i'm just aware of it's existence in whatever form it might be. so nasa's video's are widley refuted and as i cannot know, i'm free and able to research both sides and learn along the way. why must people be told what to think by other people? why must anyone believe either side here. there is a raging debate since copurnious apparently still unresolved amongst scientists and researchers alke. i'm pretty sure we did not discuss the merits at school of any other theory. therefore most people have not looked at all the evidence and researched the possibilities. please let people find out for themselves what they believe or trust or just plain do not know. it's not easy to understand for a lot of people, me included, when so much depends on trusting mathmatics physics cgi etc etc. with formulas and assumptions that are directly opposed by other people. i posted an example of this with scalar motion papers. it opposes a lot of the conventional sciences assumptions. it takes a while to read but my point is that the evidence must be beyond reasonable doubt. if i can't know for myself through research i certainly wouldn't blindly believe anything i'm told. i don't need to i can just be in the middle and know that i don't know. it's called not jumping to conclusions.

the comedy video i posted is takin the piss out of people who think the earth is a ball and they claim this is the bigest hoax ever and put some real points across that allows you to step back and realise that you don't know and you just believe what you were told. if that is the case. i used to believe a lot of things but now i know them not to be true. so now i just assess things through research to give me a balanced view on subjects like this outside of our common knowledge. if nasa can't even show the earth spinnin i don't know what to say really it's pretty silly. but hey what would i know? but please allow me to think for myself and not choose for me lao thanks. pleas just search the internet and you will find the otherside to all angles of the debate. i don't care who thinks what shape it is anyway i just like to discuss things to get a better view. my life does not depend on anyone knowing the shape of the earth. thank god x

i don't believe anything outside of my own knowledge

i just assess things through research to give me a balanced view

At least try to keep each individual post internally self-consistent.

indeed as i have bobby. there's a big difference between believing something and experiencing something. from knowing to being aware. information is just that. what you do with it is up to you mate x

Archived