Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd simply like to see an explanation for the sun going down. If the world was flat and the sun was doing the rotation thing that flat earthers suggest, the sun wouldn't go down over the horizon, it would remain at height,slowly getting smaller into the distance as it moved away, rather than disappearing below the horizon whilst remaining at the same size. Instead, we have evidence that the sun moves into different time zones , which is inconsistent with a flat earth, since it is impossible for the sun to disappear below the horizon whilst lighting another area of the planet in a flat-earth model. You can watch the sun going down below the horizon, get on a plane and catch up with it again. Not something that works with a flat earth model in any sense.  

Critical of bad grammar, me?  Not aware of that particularly. I can’t spell for toffee and have blind spots with there, their, loose, lose, it’s, its etc. So I try not to be too critical of others.

Bobby, you’re over thinking - simply shadows. The sun is below the clouds casting a shadow from the lower clouds onto those above - something which can’t happen on a flat earth with the sun x thousand miles above the Earth or whatever rubbish they make up. 

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Critical of bad grammar, me?  Not aware of that particularly. I can’t spell for toffee and have blind spots with there, their, loose, lose, it’s, its etc. So I try not to be too critical of others.

Bobby, you’re over thinking - simply shadows. The sun is below the clouds casting a shadow from the lower clouds onto those above - something which can’t happen on a flat earth with the sun x thousand miles above the Earth or whatever rubbish they make up. 

Sorry China. I think I mixed you up with PK. Even more sorry now. Really, really sorry now.;)

Chinahand is erudite, articulate and intelligent; flat earth woo woo fuckheads like Paul’s Got Wright are time wasting monkey brains. Can we please now submit this otiose thread to euthanasia?

35 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Chinahand is erudite, articulate and intelligent; flat earth woo woo fuckheads like Paul’s Got Wright are time wasting monkey brains. Can we please now submit this otiose thread to euthanasia?

Seconded 

Not too long ago, Pauls Got Wright would be under the wing of Roy Costain.

Just like the ankle biting dog that you just want to kick to kingdom come. Absolute 4king waster.

what a pair of absolute girls hand bags! absolutely shittin yeselves coz ye beliefs are bein questioned!!! china has already said, its absolutely fine to discuss things scientifically but you pair can't handle it!  it's international news you clowns,  bbc, cnn etc etc. freddie flintoff, eddie bravo, kyree irving, all  looking into it. mark sargent was on bbc with piers morgan. bring something  to the discussion either of you? you think china's shadows in the clouds means you live on a spinning ball! prove it then! what a pair of scared little cry babies, desperate for everyone to believe the same things as you! pathetic. this is a scientific subject and subsequent discussion. if ye dont like it, what are you silly pair of dweebs even doin in here? absolute walters of the highest order. if its international news it's good enough for general chat on manxs forums. walters x 

Archived