Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

12 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I guess Neil is applying Hitchen’s razor; cargo cult science isn’t science, but please do explain, in your own words, what facet of eclipses flat earthers don’t understand. 

You may have gone over his head with that one China... :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smiling Prof Brian Cox made an interesting point during one of his programs on natural forces recently. Basically, any cosmic object above a certain size can only ever be a spheroid. This is because gravity acts equally in all directions, and attracts matter towards the centre of the object. Above a certain mass, there is enough gravitational force to literally crush all the matter into a ball just like crushing snow into a snowball with your hands.

In practical terms, that means that a diameter of 290 +- 15 Km is the upper limit for irregularly shaped minor planets or asteroids.

In short, our Earth and all other known planets are inevitably shaped into spheroids by gravity..

Academic article for those who are interested, but it is a very easy concept to understand.  

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1995MNRAS.277...99H

2 hours ago, guzzi said:

Smiling Prof Brian Cox made an interesting point during one of his programs on natural forces recently. Basically, any cosmic object above a certain size can only ever be a spheroid. This is because gravity acts equally in all directions, and attracts matter towards the centre of the object. Above a certain mass, there is enough gravitational force to literally crush all the matter into a ball just like crushing snow into a snowball with your hands.

In practical terms, that means that a diameter of 290 +- 15 Km is the upper limit for irregularly shaped minor planets or asteroids.

In short, our Earth and all other known planets are inevitably shaped into spheroids by gravity..

Academic article for those who are interested, but it is a very easy concept to understand.  

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1995MNRAS.277...99H

Unless you are Paul Got Wrong Wright

here's the latest offering, a flat earth model of the isle of man! oh i remember the good old days of people claiming no one would even talk about such a subject. nathan oakleys channel has just had about 70 debate shows discussing the isle of man observations. this episode is presenting the 3d model of our beautiful isle! how wrong some folk were, whilst gerry was clearly ahead of his time on current events x

46 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

dont make me post my tutor report neil, it will shatter your fantasy x

TBH Paul, they gave you a great report just so that you would just fuck off. They told me that you were thick as fuck really. Just saying, as they say .:)

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

TBH Paul, they gave you a great report just so that you would just fuck off. They told me that you were thick as fuck really. Just saying, as they say .:)

He used to aspire to be as thick as fuck...

Archived