Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As ever with these sorts of stories they are a huge failure in journalism as reporters simply report the credulous rather than investigating the truth. A surveyor with a theodolite, a compass and an ordinance survey map would actually be able to provide the bearings to all the land marks. 

The  Maughold Head Lighthouse is an interesting starting point to take your bearings from; as is why a proportion of it is below the horizon. 

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

As ever with these sorts of stories they are a huge failure in journalism as reporters simply report the credulous rather than investigating the truth. A surveyor with a theodolite, a compass and an ordinance survey map would actually be able to provide the bearings to all the land marks. 

The  Maughold Head Lighthouse is an interesting starting point to take your bearings from; as is why a proportion of it is below the horizon. 

Maybe it hides when you get further away from it :)

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

TBH Paul, they gave you a great report just so that you would just fuck off. They told me that you were thick as fuck really. Just saying, as they say .:)

not so silly dilly, i was actually offered my apprenticeship the year before i left school, which they were well aware of. my last year was a pleasure that i'm sure we all enjoyed together, if memory serves, you absolute wally x

7 hours ago, Chinahand said:

china go on the live debate you will be a much better guest than we have had so far! great to see you getting involved in "the flat earth debate", that no one would ever talk about. not even lao x

There's so much flat earth material about these days and whether it'd true or not, you have to admit that the Government agencies appear to be consistently lying and using CGI to support their falsehoods.

Why can't they just speak the truth and only show the truths as these days, you really don't know whats true or not and a sad indictment of those agencies who do mislead.

Personally, I'd say that everyone who lies and uses false supporting evidence should be sacked and that they lose their pensions. I couldn't imagine our Government stooping so low, so they're safe? :)

20 minutes ago, manxy said:

There's so much flat earth material about these days and whether it'd true or not, you have to admit that the Government agencies appear to be consistently lying and using CGI to support their falsehoods.

Why can't they just speak the truth and only show the truths as these days, you really don't know whats true or not and a sad indictment of those agencies who do mislead.

Personally, I'd say that everyone who lies and uses false supporting evidence should be sacked and that they lose their pensions. I couldn't imagine our Government stooping so low, so they're safe? :)

You don't help your wish to being taken seriously much do you? Just step back a bit and think about what you are saying.

Have we not been here before with similar rubbish ?:o

I do not follow what you are telling me and you might be trying to be nice to me.

One view is that by saying that by not doing myself any favours, that this could imply that NASA will threaten/snuff me out if I continue or that mankind would be better not knowing the truth, hence their attempts to conceal things? (See how quickly things can get twisted?)

All I see is that NASA are continuously caught lying these days and as mentioned above, they might have a jolly good reason to do so, but there has to be a better way than resorting to falsehoods as this only leads to mistrust and how confrontations occur.

Archived