Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

and what exactly would "your convictions" be? have i stated them on this thread or are you being purposely vague, in order to infer a false impression of me somehow? if so why?

?

Your conviction that the Earth is flat seems like a good bet for what I meant doesn’t it?

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Your conviction that the Earth is flat seems like a good bet for what I meant doesn’t it?

im not a bettin man.  so i'll ask again. what exactly would "your convictions" be. do you have an example from a post of mine? or is it just you seeking to lay straw men at my door?

10 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

im not a bettin man.  so i'll ask again. what exactly would "your convictions" be. do you have an example from a post of mine? or is it just you seeking to lay straw men at my door?

Let me explain this in terms that you, as a person of apparently very limited intellect, may just grasp. You have created multiple posts in which you’ve made it clear you are convinced that the world is flat. This is therefore a conviction on your part. A conviction is “a firmly held belief or opinion”. (Nothing to do, in this context, with a jury finding someone guilty). Consequently, when I found the article about the American man who is seeking to prove the world is indeed flat (a conviction held by you remember) by rocketing himself into space, I suggested that you should have “the courage of your convictions” (look it up if you aren’t sure) and either help him out financially, or travel with him. Because he’s trying to prove what you believe. It would therefore be logical that you would have an interest in supporting his endeavour.

Happy Easter.

@Uhtred to be fair to pgw, I understand his crusade of youtuberry to be to demonstrate that there is active discussion about the flat earth 'delusion' (my description), but (and I'm not going to go back through all of his dross) hasn't actually ever posted his opinion on the matter.

Everyone needs a hobby, I guess, even if it's really, really stupid.

What is laughable is the need of some posters to resurrect and respond in this thread, usually culminating in insulting PGW with accusations of madness and/or delusion.

Then they moan at his responses and ask why the thread still exists...

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

What is laughable is the need of some posters to resurrect and respond in this thread, usually culminating in insulting PGW with accusations of madness and/or delusion.

Then they moan at his responses and ask why the thread still exists...

Post complaining about topic resurrection resurrects topic!

43 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

@Uhtred to be fair to pgw, I understand his crusade of youtuberry to be to demonstrate that there is active discussion about the flat earth 'delusion' (my description), but (and I'm not going to go back through all of his dross) hasn't actually ever posted his opinion on the matter.

Everyone needs a hobby, I guess, even if it's really, really stupid.

You may well be right. So I’ve decided to create the new concept of “Easter resolution”. My first such is to desist in responding to PGW who is an Olympic standard numpty and a stranger to coherent English. (And, very probably, reality).

Archived