Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

On 4/16/2018 at 6:35 AM, The Bastard said:

So, as usual Paul avoids responding to reasonable evidence and posts unrelated bullshit. Time to lock this timewasting thread.

oh, the religious call for an end to the scientific thread, about the true shape and size of the earth we live on. classic! i replied to your youtube video with an anonymous quote. 

"it will be seen that my reasons for thinking that the earth is round are rather precarious ones".......you posted a yt clip from a tv program. would you say that is reasonable evidence or precarious? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Science doesn’t deal with proof it deals with preponderance of evidence. 

You wouldn’t know evidence  if you watched the Ben sail under the horizon from Douglas Head with a friend watching from the harbour wall; or watched a sun rise from the same places. One is a clear demonstration of the existence of the horizon and the other is a quick and dirty way of calculating the size of the Earth. 

Guess what. People have done these experiments and ones like them a lot. If you did them and got consistently different results you’d have the makings of a scientific refutation. 

Have you actually taken a single measurement while fagging up this thread with scientifically useless YouTube videos and passive aggressive love-ins with Neil Down and his ilk?

which branch of science? we all know what evidence consists off china.  when you say horizon, do you mean the apparent horizon? or is it a tangible, fixed point you mean?  what do you propose is happening at the "horizon", as you lose sight of the ship?  what measurements have you taken china, and did you use the scientific method for any of your experiments?

"passive aggressive".... could you define that please it's hard to see how you can make that kind of a claim, about anyone. unless you know them maybe?  i post in relation to the op and subsequent posts. i also reply to other posters. that's pretty much the jist of how  it works here on mf as you well know china. 

in other news, maybe some of the walter brigade could learn a thing or two here, still tickets left i think, or you can watch the livestream apparently

https://www.flatearthconventionuk.co.uk/

1 hour ago, PottyLisa said:

Passive aggressive: Some people just can't grasp evidence based science

Aggressive: PULL YOUR MOTTLED HEAD OUT OF YOUR FUCKING ASS AND TRY SOME OF CHINA'S EXPERIMENTS FOR YOURSELF YOU INSUFFERABLE SHIT-STAIN!

"they would start off by saying that "everyone knows" the earth to be round, and if pressed further, would become angry"

what's your best proof for the spinning earth potty mouth?

2 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

Aggressive: PULL YOUR MOTTLED HEAD OUT OF YOUR FUCKING ASS AND TRY SOME OF CHINA'S EXPERIMENTS FOR YOURSELF YOU INSUFFERABLE SHIT-STAIN!

Or just ask him to explain Time Zones

7 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

oh, the religious call for an end to the scientific thread, about the true shape and size of the earth we live on. classic! i replied to your youtube video with an anonymous quote. 

"it will be seen that my reasons for thinking that the earth is round are rather precarious ones".......you posted a yt clip from a tv program. would you say that is reasonable evidence or precarious? 

Posting an anonymous quote isn't replying. Indeed, you have failed to address any of the points raised.

Hiding behind Orwell is a cowardly strategy - to use your own argument, how do you know Orwell said it at all ? Did you just read it off the internet ? Did you witness him saying it yourself ?

We offer evidence, you cower and say it's meaningless because you haven't witnessed it yourself, yet when China offers some reasonable experiments, you won't do them. Basically this thread has become about you crying for attention in the most pathetic way possible, in between tantrums.

11 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Posting an anonymous quote isn't replying. Indeed, you have failed to address any of the points raised.

Hiding behind Orwell is a cowardly strategy - to use your own argument, how do you know Orwell said it at all ? Did you just read it off the internet ? Did you witness him saying it yourself ?

We offer evidence, you cower and say it's meaningless because you haven't witnessed it yourself, yet when China offers some reasonable experiments, you won't do them. Basically this thread has become about you crying for attention in the most pathetic way possible, in between tantrums.

"Posting an anonymous quote isn't replying".......yes it is and i specifically disassociated the reasoning therein,  from the attributed quotee, by calling it anonymous, as to me it is. it's the reasoning that matters.  i simply compared the first sentence to your poor attempt to prove your beliefs with that yt video. 

my avatar is not george oewell and i'm not hiding. i never cower.

"to use your own argument"......please don't attempt to represent me in any way. thanks

".....say it's meaningless because you haven't witnessed it yourself" ...........please provide evidence of your claim or take it back. this is a scientific thread as is well explained in the op. no room for ad hom here.

have you done any of the experiments offered up so far by china? which would you consider the best proof for a spinning spherical earth?

5 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

Take a deep breath, count to five and put the mad fecker on ignore. You know it makes sense...:flowers:

29 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

"Posting an anonymous quote isn't replying".......yes it is and i specifically disassociated the reasoning therein,  from the attributed quotee, by calling it anonymous, as to me it is. it's the reasoning that matters.  i simply compared the first sentence to your poor attempt to prove your beliefs with that yt video. 

my avatar is not george oewell and i'm not hiding. i never cower.

"to use your own argument"......please don't attempt to represent me in any way. thanks

".....say it's meaningless because you haven't witnessed it yourself" ...........please provide evidence of your claim or take it back. this is a scientific thread as is well explained in the op. no room for ad hom here.

have you done any of the experiments offered up so far by china? which would you consider the best proof for a spinning spherical earth?

Did you witness George Orwell making that statement ? Yes or no ?

1 hour ago, The Bastard said:

Did you witness George Orwell making that statement ? Yes or no ?

i never attributed the quote to orwell! i distinctly expressed that i consider it an anonymous quote, due to the fact i have not verified it's origin. are you a complete moron?

Archived