Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched this thread for some time with a mix of bewilderment, amusement, bemusement, and a great deal more including the concern that I was developing dementia (I may be, but that's a different fish to fry) and finally thought it fit to ask this.

On the (sadly) few times I flew in Concord with my employer footing the bill it was possible to discern the curvature of the earth. How does that fit in with the flat earth nonsense?

1 minute ago, Rog said:

I've watched this thread for some time with a mix of bewilderment, amusement, bemusement, and a great deal more including the concern that I was developing dementia (I may be, but that's a different fish to fry) and finally thought it fit to ask this.

On the (sadly) few times I flew in Concord with my employer footing the bill it was possible to discern the curvature of the earth. How does that fit in with the flat earth nonsense?

Well, if you've been following this thread you'll know that you have apply the scientific method, but first set the parameters of the scientific method.........

1 hour ago, Rog said:

1. They were pumping hallucinogenic gas into the aircraft cabin. All trace of this disappeared from the aircraft and your body the moment you landed; or

2. What you thought was the Earth was in fact a projection on a translucent screen that retracted into the aircraft fuselage upon landing; or

3. The aircraft safety briefing was in fact subliminal hypnosis to persuade you to “see” curvature whereas the Earth is actually flat.

So why is there a global (ha ha) conspiracy  involving tens of thousands of government officials and scientists to disguise the fact that the Earth is flat and not spherical. Easy. They are being paid by Cunard who are terrified that clients who think they’ve been on a “Round the World Cruise” will want their money back. You’re simply a victim of the great Cunard Conspiracy Rog.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Well, if you've been following this thread you'll know that you have apply the scientific method, but first set the parameters of the scientific method.........

But there are no possible or credible scientific --- oh forget it.  It's just a load of sixth form garbage.

36 minutes ago, Rog said:

There's no windows in the cargo hold rog. This may go some way to explaining it.

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

There's no windows in the cargo hold rog. This may go some way to explaining it.

Ah right!  That explains it!  Still just as long as the cabin service was as good as it was. It's a hell of a shame that plane was taken out of service not least because one could see the curvature of the earth at altitude.

12 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

Plenty, all backed by science. I will let that sink in. ive said enough for tonight china.  more duties to attend to tomorrow and a bit more research tonight for me.

You don't subscribe to your namesake's exhortations "Against Method", then?

paul-feyerabends-quotes-2.jpg

5 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

No moji. They were set a long time ago, we stand on the shoulders of giants. They are to be adhered to, as has been explained to you previously. 

23 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

No moji. They were set a long time ago, we stand on the shoulders of giants. They are to be adhered to, as has been explained to you previously. 

Excellent, glad you've clarified that. That means there is absolutely no valid reason for you not to start setting out your scientific findings. I await with interest.

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Excellent, glad you've clarified that. That means there is absolutely no valid reason for you not to start setting out your scientific findings. I await with interest.

Well give me your best proof and we can examine that as a practice, for you, before we start chinas.

Archived