Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

You need to brush up your Greek, Paul. Horizon doesn’t mean straight, as in horizontal, but boundary or divide or the line of a circle, from horus 

www.finedictionary.com/horizontal.html

" john's Achilles heel in English, was his unwillingness to broaden his horizons, etymologically"

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm Paul - I think you need to read this.

Its from here:

https://www.etymonline.com/word/horizon

Which you seem to think is a bit of an authority on all things etymological.

Believe it or not Old French isn't the originator of that many words - its a Romance Language and tends to rely on older languages.

As the link explains:

horizon (n.)

late 14c., orisoun, from Old French orizon (14c., Modern French horizon), earlier orizonte (13c.), from Latin horizontem (nominative horizon), from Greek horizon (kyklos) "bounding (circle)," from horizein "bound, limit, divide, separate," from horos "boundary, landmark, marking stones." The h-was restored in English 17c. in imitation of Latin. Old English used eaggemearc ("eye-mark") for "limit of view, horizon." The apparent horizon is distinguished from the celestial or astronomical horizon.

Here's a short film by Adam Curtis (6mins), nothing to do with flat earth mind, but to do with other stuff, tv news and propaganda mostly. Worth a look as it shows his style of film making, so you can get a little idea of what you'd be letting yourself in for if you decided to go down the rabbit hole of one of his 3 hour masterpieces. I'm not saying he's right, and he definitely makes a few leaps, but he is always interesting and thought provoking. Check his work out everyone, conspiracy fans or not.

6 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

www.finedictionary.com/horizontal.html

" john's Achilles heel in English, was his unwillingness to broaden his horizons, etymologically"

Horizontal is derived from OF  orizonte, which does come from GR Horus, but it’s meaning is different. My Greek, Latin and English are OK, thank you.

On 22 September 2018 at 9:09 PM, paul's got wright said:

No potty mouth. Unsurprisingly, my Mother, and, my superior Guardians, my Grandparents, opted for the tried and tested " Scouse liberal arts" method of home education,  perfectly and concisely llustrated by the Don. Mckay,s tutor report.

What happened to you? Mdma? Plant food? Sheep food?

Ahh, I see.

On 23 September 2018 at 12:56 AM, manxy said:

There's so much more thats available and only people who have an alternative purpose or are those who sheepishly accept anything that NASA says is blind to the truth and I don't want to wast e my breath on these scum and idiotic fools

Wow, you seem to get quite nasty when you have a mate around.  You were a lot calmer in the 5G thread.

36 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

Wow, you seem to get quite nasty when you have a mate around.  You were a lot calmer in the 5G thread.

Mate? It seems that being nasty is the only way forward in this world of lies, deceit and put downs. Its also clear that people tread on the quieter people on the forum and that being bullish is whats expected by some. I don't care about hurting the fools and two faced people who comment on here now and will have my say regardless of who is on or not.

2 minutes ago, manxy said:

Mate? It seems that being nasty is the only way forward in this world of lies, deceit and put downs. Its also clear that people tread on the quieter people on the forum and that being bullish is whats expected by some. I don't care about hurting the fools and two faced people who comment on here now and will have my say regardless of who is on or not.

Still though, it's a bit much calling people scum bacause their views differ to yours.  Seems.....familiar.

Archived