Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conspiracy theorists who believe the Moon landings were faked, or that the world is controlled by a small sinister cabal, have similar character traits, scientists have discovered.

Researchers surveyed 1,200 people asking them whether they believed in two specific urban myths and also assessed their personalities

They found those who tend to believe conspiracy theories tend to be more suspicious, untrusting, eccentric with a tendency to view the world as inherently dangerous. They also need to feel special.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/09/25/conspiracy-theorists-share-certain-traits-scientists-find/

I am starting to think that we are looking at things the wrong way...

Has anyone else noticed that the conspiracy theory threads raise their heads when there are much more important things to be focusing on?  For example;

• The final stages of Brexit;
  • Climate Change and our continual failure to address environmental issues;
  • The increasing influence of Russia

It is therefore my belief that PGW is a Government Shill here to subvert discussion away from the important topics of the day and to sidetrack people into debunking random theories.  I am undecided on Manxy who I believe may just have been taken in by the shills.

Be warned people...  PGW is a complete time waster and should be ignored.

12 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the conspiracy theory threads raise their heads when there are much more important things to be focusing on?  For example;

It is therefore my belief that PGW is a Government Shill here to subvert discussion away from the important topics of the day and to sidetrack people into debunking random theories.  I am undecided on Manxy who I believe may just have been taken in by the shills.

He certainly ticks two of the boxes. Repetetive and boring

1 hour ago, kevster said:

Conspiracy theorists who believe the Moon landings were faked, or that the world is controlled by a small sinister cabal, have similar character traits, scientists have discovered.

Researchers surveyed 1,200 people asking them whether they believed in two specific urban myths and also assessed their personalities

They found those who tend to believe conspiracy theories tend to be more suspicious, untrusting, eccentric with a tendency to view the world as inherently dangerous. They also need to feel special.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/09/25/conspiracy-theorists-share-certain-traits-scientists-find/

Ball not the man kevster

If some conspiracy theories were actually true, and some are, then the best way to discredit them is by inventing completely mad ones to trope collate or plant stories in places like the telegraph, which is a well known favourite read of the sheeple. It may make you feel a little more secure to believe that though, in which case, crack on.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Is it your religious belief or do you have any proof to provide?

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me... :whistling:

Archived