Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

5 hours ago, b4mbi said:

I'm very keen to continue the debate here of this already mindbogglingly long thread (265 pages and counting) on whether the Earth is flat or not.

What no-one has answered yet (and apologies if it has but I can't be arsed trawling through 265 pages of utter bollox) 

What is underneath a flat earth?

Four giant elephants standing on the back of a turtle?

Interplanetary dust that the solar system's cleaners couldn't be bothered hoovering up?

Or is it the world's biggest troll? (PGW)

Oh and why has no-one found the edge and done a bungee jump off it?

(oh and don't post any links to crackpot websites that "prove" it's flat, or that these questions are answered in... just words would be ok)

I do love a good noob! So refreshing!

So it's 265 pages of "utter bollox ", but you haven't read it! Classic!  I hope you don't do book reviews!

What a walter! What edge?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Ahh but, of course, the burden of proof lies with the claimant. Silly eminem80! False assertion x

Excellent point.  Applying that same principle the burden of proof is therefore on you and/or Gerry to provide evidence that the world is flat which is your claim..

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Excellent point.  Applying that same principle the burden of proof is therefore on you and/or Gerry to provide evidence that the world is flat which is your claim..

Ahahah what a complete mitty!!! 

Go on then, quote me! Show everyone where i said it! Or is that your religious beliefs gettin out of hand?

If only people could trek to Antartica independently instead of being arrested, fined and put in jails (refer to Norwegian Polar Institute) although visits may be possible via pre-approved scientific missions.

Wouldn't it also be great to take a compass and go to the North pole to check for yourself? Unfortunately you can't, as authorities state that there's a geomagnetic pole that influences where the North pole actually is. Never mind, a moving North Pole is just as good.

But to clarify - The authorities admit that the North pole cannot be fixed and I'm not arguing with them, although Conspiracy theorists would argue that without giving an accurate compass reading, then it proves something is amiss. As if?

2 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

Ahahah what a complete mitty!!! 

Go on then, quote me! Show everyone where i said it! Or is that your religious beliefs gettin out of hand?

Round and round we go...

As you well know your argument is merely that there is an on going debate about the shape of the Earth.  You use this thread as proof of that despite the fact that the only reason this thread continued so far is because of your non committal nonsense.

39 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Round and round we go...

As you well know your argument is merely that there is an on going debate about the shape of the Earth.  You use this thread as proof of that despite the fact that the only reason this thread continued so far is because of your non committal nonsense.

Woody2 does this so much better.

44 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Round and round we go...

Thought you were gonna provide proof for your assertions?

Do you have any? Or is it just religious dogma on offer tonight? 

There is no debate about objective reality you absolute walter! We use science to understand our world!

Don't you even science bro? X

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Woody2 does this so much better.

Influential black scholar, Dr. Phil Valentine, has just recently held a an audience to reveal his beliefs in the flat earth. He goes all in on "scientism" and the "quantum cult"  in a barrage of philosophical analysis, history, theory and much more

If you think gerry has strong views about the world, wait til you hear this!

He calls out neil de grasse tyson for special attention, in what is a shocking seminar/talk containing some evocative and emotional issues, which i never expected.  I shall post the link after for you kneale x

3 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Influential black scholar, Dr. Phil Valentine, has just recently held a an audience to reveal his beliefs in the flat earth. He goes all in on "scientism" and the "quantum cult"  in a barrage of philosophical analysis, history, theory and much more

If you think gerry has strong views about the world, wait til you hear this!

He calls out neil de grasse tyson for special attention, in what is a shocking seminar/talk containing some evocative and emotional issues, which i never expected.  I shall post the link after for you kneale x

He's as daft as you then.  ( does it matter that the guy is black?? )

1 hour ago, manxy said:

If only people could trek to Antartica independently instead of being arrested, fined and put in jails (refer to Norwegian Polar Institute) although visits may be possible via pre-approved scientific missions.

Wouldn't it also be great to take a compass and go to the North pole to check for yourself? Unfortunately you can't, as authorities state that there's a geomagnetic pole that influences where the North pole actually is. Never mind, a moving North Pole is just as good.

But to clarify - The authorities admit that the North pole cannot be fixed and I'm not arguing with them, although Conspiracy theorists would argue that without giving an accurate compass reading, then it proves something is amiss. As if?

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived