Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A droplet? What about more mass?

You have been fooled as like many millions of people. Nothing to be ashamed about as its what was taught in schools. Shame on those who have misled the public for so long, but the truth about water being level cannot be refuted.

773867969_ScreenShot2018-10-08at00_10_25.thumb.png.cac48e4480b4b3de313f0cda63b7555c.png

Heard of hydrostatic equilirium?

If the earth is flat, or 'level', what shape are other entities in our solar system?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gravitationally_rounded_objects_of_the_Solar_System

As to that thing you've posted there Manxy no, those are probably composites. However, as I've posted previously you can watch live streams from the ISS which show huge parts of the earth, and I believe that. 

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Just when I thought you were getting back to normal, you post that !!!!

That is one of the biggest loads of shite I've seen in years ( and paul and gerry have posted some shite)

I was kind of getting on board with your quest for info on 5G , but this is just plain silly.

You do yourself a great disservice posting stuff like that.

Silly dilly!

Manxy if the world was a sphere what would it’s gravitational field look like?

How would water behave under that gravity?

When analysing claims it is important to look at the assumptions they make and whether what they say is a fact is just an approximation. 

Multiple times earlier in this thread I asked Gerry to think about what down means. I drew diagrams. Maybe you should look them up. 

Water as far as I'm aware, goes flat and finds its own level. If you are saying that a mass of water bends and sticks around a sphere due to a gravitational field, then I would like to see the calculations which shows and how much water is needed before it becomes bendy?

I agree, the sea can be flat and can also be bumpy and probably loads of different reasons for that.

Now if the world is theoretically a sphere and using NASA's few photo's of the world albeit some are confirmed as being photoshopped, then why doesn't the water fall off the sphere?

Assuming that there are people out there who mislead and tell untruths, the first answer is usually the right one in that instead of being a theoretical sphere, then the facts indicate that the water is level and provides evidence that the sea is flat.

As for water falling off the edge, then I can only theorise and say that its a fact that the antarctic ice walls are 150 foot tall. How long they are, what position each mile is from triangulated coordinates and length of time to such coordinates is only theoretical and it would interesting to see independent data to work from

@Manxman1980, nice video

3 hours ago, manxy said:

Water as far as I'm aware, goes flat and finds its own level. If you are saying that a mass of water bends and sticks around a sphere due to a gravitational field, then I would like to see the calculations which shows and how much water is needed before it becomes bendy?

Good question manxy, at what point does a vast body of water display curvature! The mind boggles x

3 hours ago, manxy said:

So now you are saying there is no such thing as gravity?

15 minutes ago, manxy said:

Now if the world is theoretically a sphere and using NASA's few photo's of the world albeit some are confirmed as being photoshopped, then why doesn't the water fall off the sphere?

The photographs are taken by different satellites at different distances from the Earth.  You can replicate this effect yourself by taking photographs of a model globe at different distances.  You will see that the reason the continents appear to change size is due to perspective and how much of the Earth can actually been seen from the cameras.

16 minutes ago, manxy said:

As for water falling off the edge, then I can only theorise and say that its a fact that the antarctic ice walls are 150 foot tall. How long they are, what position each mile is from triangulated coordinates and length of time to such coordinates is only theoretical and it would interesting to see independent data to work from

Let's assume that there are antarctic ice walls could you explain why the Antarctica Cup Ocean Race is 14,000 nautical miles long?  If the world was flat then that distance would have to be much greater wouldn't it?  That race is independent of any Government and as far as I am aware any can enter.   I am sure that there are other more experienced mariners on this forum who could explain how the course corrections needed on a globe and those on a flat earth would be very different.  Equally you would not be able to fake the course corrections so this would be easily verifiable for anyone with the resources to make the trip.

16 minutes ago, manxy said:

@Manxman1980, nice video

Thanks, it's not mine but I think neatly shows that water does not always behave how we expect it to.  

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

So now you are saying there is no such thing as gravity?

Most flat earth models cannot explain gravity and they try and explain this by reference to magnetism and buoyancy whilst totally being unable to understand either of these concepts.

36 minutes ago, manxy said:

Gravity

Archived