Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

44 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What are all these "religious" jibes about.?

I am not religious and I can't think of any more than about 4 posters who may be.

You seem to think we must all be religious because we "believe" the earth is not flat and all the space travel is real. 

Your attendance for a start!

How do you think life started on earth?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

The simple answer is because Apollo met its geopolitical goal of demonstrating superiority over the USSR.  Once this was done, the (political) need for a moon program was over.

However, this was at a significant financal cost, and also human cost, not least in the deaths of the crew of Apollo 1, other US astronauts that died in T38 flights (at least 3 in the 1960s) and a number of Russian cosmonauts.  The death toll could have been much higher as the margin for success with Apollo was extremely thin - as evidenced by the fact that it would probably take a crash program 10 years (with lorryloads of cash) from now to get boots on the moon again.

For more background on this, may I suggest Decision to Go to the Moon: Apollo Project and the National Interest by Dr. John M. Logsdon which is the reference publication for this topic.

3 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

More to it than that bob x

There is more in the book I've suggested to you above, but my synopsis above is accurate, although simplified.

If you're interested, there's quite a body of information out there about the post-Apollo plans (The Apollo Applications Program), including one mission proposal for a manned Venus flyby.

What would be worse, I hear you ask.  Living in an Apollo Command Module for 13 months, pooping into bags stuck to your arse cheeks (not constantly, of course) for the chance of seeing Venus close up for one orbit.

Or re-reading all 295 pages of this guff. :weee:

41 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

There is more in the book I've suggested to you above, but my synopsis above is accurate, although simplified.

If you're interested, there's quite a body of information out there about the post-Apollo plans (The Apollo Applications Program), including one mission proposal for a manned Venus flyby.

What would be worse, I hear you ask.  Living in an Apollo Command Module for 13 months, pooping into bags stuck to your arse cheeks (not constantly, of course) for the chance of seeing Venus close up for one orbit.

Or re-reading all 295 pages of this guff. :weee:

Close but no cigar bob!

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

With you and a female amoeba, probably.

Yeah I know they aren't sexed

Neil lets just bring you back down to earth for a second.

You believe theories that men wrote in books, that you yourself did not come up with, nor do you comprehend.

Thats your world view.

Sounds really similar to people who belive stories written in books to get their world view, doesn't it!

And chinahand simply cannot demonstrate the spinning globe on a working model. Coz he hasnt got one for his world view

Your attendance here is simply religious x

1 minute ago, paul's got wright said:

Neil lets just bring you back down to earth for a second.

You believe theories that men wrote in books, that you yourself did not come up with, nor do you comprehend.

Thats your world view.

Sounds really similar to people who belive stories written in books to get their world view, doesn't it!

And chinahand simply cannot demonstrate the spinning globe on a working model. Coz he hasnt got one for his world view

Your attendance here is simply religious x

High on pot again are you. You’re replying to dill you loon 

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

High on pot again are you. You’re replying to dill you loon 

You been sniffin off chinas prozzies again on tick?

Remember nelly, we are only as good as our machine behaves. The handheld i use skips the page up and down clearly i was responding to you by using your name!

Unlike you addressing common strangers as loyal family members!

Comment stands and also goes for dilly double!

Two religious trols x

Just now, Bobbie Bobster said:

Afraid not, old bean. Academic consensus on the research of the most respected scholar of human spaceflight or some loon on the net.

No contest, really.

You dont know or you would have mentioned the main reason, as i shall prove by providing the nasa explanation on video

No cigar not even a dimp

Archived