Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

I can't argue with that either.

Another plausible theory was that the Van Allen Belts were either there at the beginning of space exploration or they weren't. It seems they were there previously and therefore raises a concern as to how the old type spacecraft with limited protection was able to sustain no radiation passing through them? Something does not add up there.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah, I don't think you've really understood what he meant.

Edit - I don't actually know what he meant or in what context the comment was made, but I can make a pretty good guess.

Who don?

Don made it clear what he was saying i will post the video.

I understood it perfectly x

13 minutes ago, manxy said:

I can't argue with that either.

Another plausible theory was that the Van Allen Belts were either there at the beginning of space exploration or they weren't. It seems they were there previously and therefore raises a concern as to how the old type spacecraft with limited protection was able to sustain no radiation passing through them? Something does not add up there.

Mr bean gives us the answer to that question manxy, i shall post the link.

See if it sounds sensible as an explanation!

41 minutes ago, manxy said:

I think I'll finish off my sausage casserole

Lots of conflicting information in that short clip and will watch it again later.

How come mr bean hasnt got a clue about going through the van allen belts until the reporter/ questioner tells him, then he says ok we went right throught them then!!!

Bizarre manxy x

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It doesn't say what the title says it says, the ridiculous slowing down of the voice is just stupid, it makes leaps that just aren't there, just because something still needs to be solved doesn't mean it can't be done. 

I never judge a book by its cover tp

So, you are saying that they need to solve a problem, that they solved in the first place to go the moon?

So technology went backwards in this instance?

The title says "NASA admits humans can't pass through the dangerous Van Allen belts" but the video says no such thing. Never judge a book by its cover you say? I say if the title is a lie I can ignore the rest of the book.

As to the 'solve a problem' issue, well yeah, you've got to push on through. How did pioneers in the old west solve problems like getting over the Mississippi? Look at migrations of wilderbeast when they go across rivers. Some of them die. The problem to be solved here is not how to get through the dangerous radiation but how to do so guaranteeing safety. Read the link I provided above, it explains in fairly simple language how they did it. It also says that they considered using nuclear bombs to move the radiation but it didn't work, and actually crated more! Who could've guessed? You can watch that experiment on youtube. 

It isn't that technology has gone backwards, it is that the technology used is obsolete. There is no way anyone would rebuild a saturn 5 rocket today and use it, just as noone* would want to sail to the americas using a viking longboat, or build a pyramid with slaves.

*I'm sure someone probably would.

Archived