Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

I have found numerous engineers accounts of not allowing for the curvature of the earth when building canals and railways.

I found this very interesting from Eric Dubey:

The Suez Canal which connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Gulf of Suez on the Red Sea is a clear proof of the Earth’s and water’s non-convexity. The canal is 100 miles long and without any locks so the water within is an uninterrupted continuation of the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea. When it was constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and the water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles. The average level of the Mediterranean is 6 inches above the Red Sea, while the floodtides in the Red Sea rise 4 feet above the highest and drop 3 feet below the lowest in the Mediterranean, making the half-tide level of the Red Sea, the surface of the Mediterranean Sea, and the 100 miles of water in the canal, all a clear continuation of the same horizontal line! Were they instead the supposed curved line of globe-Earthers, the water in the center of the canal would be 1666 feet (50^2 x 8 inches = 1666 feet 8 inches) above the respective Seas on either side!“The distance between the Red Sea at Suez and the Mediterranean Sea is 100 statute miles, the datum line of the Canal being 26 feet below the level of the Mediterranean, and is continued horizontally the whole way from sea to sea, there not being a single lock on the Canal, the surface of the water being parallel with the datum line. It is thus clear that there is no curvature or globularity for the whole hundred miles between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea; had there been, according to the Astronomic theory, the middle of the Canal would have been 1,666 feet higher than at either end, whereas the Canal is perfectly horizontal for the whole distance.

water-seeks-its-own-level.jpg?w=320&h=39

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With me, I think what I have got from this thread so far is confirmation that people don't like to look at anything outside of their comfort zone, where they are familiar and feel safe, and if someone tries to introduce something that may change that paradigm for them, they seem to get fearful and very defensive and refuse to change their world view, and if they don't have an open mind, they shut it down and go back into their box..This is in my opinion is a reflection of the indoctrination system we call "education" that catches us from a very early stage, and I have found few are able to break out of it...

Apart from you of course ... your so much more enlightened than us and so much less susceptible to indoctrination. Tell us, Gerry, how were you able to break away from the sheeple and able to understand that there was a huge conspiracy hiding the fact that the earth was flat? Bet you're glad that you found Youtube, but I'm sure in your heart of hearts you always just knew looking around you that the earth being a sphere didn't make sense - just look at it ... it must be flat.

I have heard it said that if it the consensus model for earth was flat then it would be harder to prove it a globe, than the other way around, i.e. if I came along and told you it was a globe, it was spinning at 1000 mph at the equator and 67,000 MPH around the sun, and the whole solar system was also travelling around at an even more staggering pace, and that I know of an invisible force that I cannot explain, and this invisible force called "gravity" keeps us safely on the ball, the diameter of our orbit is approx 200,000,000 miles, but we see no parallax in the stars because they are so far away, well I am sure I would have the same reaction from you all as I do now, hes Mad, he is an idiot, hes a troll, and be told to feck off, as some have done so.

Gerry, I thought for a little while that you were a troll; the sort of troll that takes an absurd and contrary view in order to challenge people's knowledge or beliefs. This can sometimes be almost productive in getting people to reconsider why and how they know or believe something. However, this tactic works best when directed at people who don't have a good defence for their views. It can be pretty funny to watch them get their panties in a bunch. But Chinahand has sort of thwarted that by presenting calm and reasoned rebuttals to your bullshit.

But in some small way you have succeeded. Thanks to Chinahand's patient didactics I now know a little bit more about how we know the Earth has the dimensions that it does, and how it is most definitely not flat. Really though I don't think that's what you're about. I think you're just a moron.

Gerry, I thought for a little while that you were a troll; the sort of troll that takes an absurd and contrary view in order to challenge people's knowledge or beliefs. This can sometimes be almost productive in getting people to reconsider why and how they know or believe something. However, this tactic works best when directed at people who don't have a good defence for their views. It can be pretty funny to watch them get their panties in a bunch. But Chinahand has sort of thwarted that by presenting calm and reasoned rebuttals to your bullshit.

But in some small way you have succeeded. Thanks to Chinahand's patient didactics I now know a little bit more about how we know the Earth has the dimensions that it does, and how it is most definitely not flat. Really though I don't think that's what you're about. I think you're just a moron.

well done gerry for opening the debate x

so as anyone can see the debate is current and ongoing. worldwide. please let the people who don't know the answer, like me, enjoy our research and imput. please don't bully me because i don't know something, vulgarian. thanks x

There's no debate to be had. There's no evidence for a flat Earth. You would have to have a brain the size of a tangerine to actually believe the Earth is flat. People who believe stupid things in spite of being presented with evidence deserve scorn.

There are some great debates on that website, for example:

http://www.debate.org/debates/murder-is-right/1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Resolved-In-a-fight-Darth-Vader-would-easily-vanquish-Superman./1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Molesting-handicapped-orphans-is-cool/1/

It is obviously a credible source for debate and reason, not a place inhibited by the mentally ill and trolls.

Vulgarian:

For me the debate has been more interesting from a psychological point of view by the mere response. I have not been rude to Chinahand, I may have been a little sarcastic once or twice but I have not been trying to troll for the sake of it at all.

The other point that interests me about this thread/debate is that there is clearly as much evidence of a flat earth as there is for the globe earth, even taking into account that you believe what a company set up by "operation paperclip candidates" I have tried to keep "conspiracy theory" out of it, but this is difficult when NASA are involved.

The thing is that when you realise that a government can murder over 3000 of its citizens to justify the "war on terror" (don't tell me you still think the story they told you is true), then you have to start looking closer, and its everywhere, the legal system, the financial system, the lies and fraud, divide and rule are everywhere.

I honestly didn't think the earth was flat when I started the thread however I had concerns, you have to have concerns or you simply will never bother to take the time to look, that's why it was titled "flat earth?", and laugh at me if you will but after a couple of months digging I have gradually seen too much to convince me that NASA didn't lie, I almost think the whole space program was put in place purely to cement the globe model in the mind of the people due to the flat earth evidence out there. How much more convincing would flat earth be if you took away the NASA BS and CGI.

5 years ago I would have been reading Brian cox's why does E=MC^2 on my kindle, and never considered such things as you will not consider now.

Archived