Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

3 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

So space travel has regressed for humans?

I wouldn't say so no, I'd say we went further than expected due the political climate of the day.

Would you say that air travel has regressed for humans now that we don't have a passenger plane capable of travelling the speed of sound when in the 70s we had one that could travel twice the speed of sound?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners. The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. Apollo flight trajectories bypassed the inner belts completely, passing through the thinner areas of the outer belts.

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

“We must solve these challenges before we send people through this region of space” otherwise the risks involved are too high for the future of space exploration. 

It's pretty obvious really. You seem to be struggling with basic comprehension and interpretation.

They didn't go through no problem, it was a huge problem, they blew up a nuclear bomb in space in an apparent attempt to deal with the problem amongst other things.

Discussing this with you is very hard work, you go on about how great your teachers thought you were at school, maybe you need to go back?

I know I should.

Mr bean says it was no problem, even though he didnt know he went through them til decades later!!! Some contradiction that tp x

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners. The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. Apollo flight trajectories bypassed the inner belts completely, passing through the thinner areas of the outer belts.

So whys it such a big problem now with orion?

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I wouldn't say so no, I'd say we went further than expected due the political climate of the day.

Would you say that air travel has regressed for humans now that we don't have a passenger plane capable of travelling the speed of sound when in the 70s we had one that could travel twice the speed of sound?

Thats a false equivalence. Have major holiday destinations been removed due to the danger of harm to humans?

So human space travel has regressed. Technology from decades ago took men to the moon, but now thats too painful to reclaim or recreate?

Does any of this sound plausible, given the constant technological advances on earth? In space they get worse at it?

31 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You posted a video, so you must believe it’s content or else why offer it up?

Im not obliged to beieve anything,  i offered it as part of the current discussion regarding the contradictory stories from various members of nasa

7 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Im not obliged to beieve anything,  i offered it as part of the current discussion regarding the contradictory stories from various members of nasa

In other words more deflection shit from you...

Look technology and our attitude to risk has changed.   The technology we have now is far more advanced than was used for the Apollo missions, however, at the same time it is far more vulnerable to radiation and electro magnetic fields.  

Imagine the reaction if we decided to send people to the moon with technology from the 1960s/70s.  The challenge is to make space travel safer and more acceptable and having the circuitry fry is not going to cut it. 

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Look technology and our attitude to risk has changed.   The technology we have now is far more advanced than was used for the Apollo missions, however, at the same time it is far more vulnerable to radiation and electro magnetic fields.  

Imagine the reaction if we decided to send people to the moon with technology from the 1960s/70s.  The challenge is to make space travel safer and more acceptable and having the circuitry fry is not going to cut it. 

so they went the moon with worse technology, but which was more easily protected.

Now the technology is better, but they can't protect it well enough?

Is there a similar example of this happening in any other of the armed forces? Submarines, tanks even uniforms? Are the space suits harder to protect now for example?

All seems a bit odd really

Archived