Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

There's no debate to be had. There's no evidence for a flat Earth. You would have to have a brain the size of a tangerine to actually believe the Earth is flat. People who believe stupid things in spite of being presented with evidence deserve scorn.

so people like me, who don't know the shape of the earth, therefore , don't believe or disbelieve any of the theories, can be left to research all sides with an open mind. part of the ongoing discussion. that's what i'm doing. thanks vulgarian for not bullying me into believing or disbelieving something i do not know the answer to. x

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some great debates on that website, for example:

http://www.debate.org/debates/murder-is-right/1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Resolved-In-a-fight-Darth-Vader-would-easily-vanquish-Superman./1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Molesting-handicapped-orphans-is-cool/1/

It is obviously a credible source for debate and reason, not a place inhibited by the mentally ill and trolls.

are you the mf section advisor mojo? can you get people sectioned for being mentally ill? x

are you the mf section advisor mojo? can you get people sectioned for being mentally ill? x

No and no. The point is that there is an awful lot of stuff out there on the internet, and much is simply rubbish. Why would you choose to cite what appears to be a bit of a silly discussion website as credible evidence for the Earth being flat, round, square or shaped like a pineapple?

No and no. The point is that there is an awful lot of stuff out there on the internet, and much is simply rubbish. Why would you choose to cite what appears to be a bit of a silly discussion website as credible evidence for the Earth being flat, round, square or shaped like a pineapple?

the debate go's on is the point. why do you keep talking about mentally ill people? are you some sort of authority on the subject? do you think there something wrong with people being mentally ill mojo? does it offend you? why do so many people on mf claim another is mentally ill? what's the relevence? it's a strange habbit unless your all superior beings of course? if i thought someone was mentally ill i'd take extra care with their feelings, not goad them. something seriously wrong with doing that to someone you presume to be mentally ill x

Are you deliberately being obtuse, that is simply a link to a newspaper story from the 1931. If you Google "Is the World flat" you will get about 616,000,000 results, if you Google "Is the World round" you will get about 914,000,000. The point is there is all manner of stuff on the internet, please don't believe it all.

Gerry, if the earth is flat, why is there a horizon? On a clear day, from somewhere such as a beach on the south coast of Australia, wouldn't you be able to see 'the ice wall', perhaps with a telescope? I mean, you do believe that telescopes exist don't you - I've looked at the moon through one, and even if the moon is only 3000 miles away or whatever you claimed and not 250,000, it's still being magnified. So why not the ice wall at the end of the earth from, say, Philip Island (Whereas I've not been into space I have been to the Southern Hemisphere, 3 times, and never once saw the ice wall in the south across the perfectly flat Southern ocean on a clear day)

There are some great debates on that website, for example:

http://www.debate.org/debates/murder-is-right/1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Resolved-In-a-fight-Darth-Vader-would-easily-vanquish-Superman./1/

http://www.debate.org/debates/Molesting-handicapped-orphans-is-cool/1/

It is obviously a credible source for debate and reason, not a place inhibited by the mentally ill and trolls.

Certainly less vulgar language on there and if only there was a similar ruling on here as otherwise, loads of people would have warning points......

Debate is about debating something and you can't have a debate without someone challenging the evidence. Paul & Gerry did just that and China presented the evidence to counteract challenging questions and fair play to them for taking on a questionable area that seems to be gaining support. (If one takes you tube as a media outlet)

I have no problem with what they did as questions and answers are what makes us learn, but we shouldn't take everything for granted and I'm sure that even China would agree with this. Santa Claus and the tooth fairy spring to mind

Apart from some negative comments that added nothing to fair play, I liked the back and forth questions and answers and appreciated the numerous examples shown for and against.

Good job guys

Are you deliberately being obtuse, that is simply a link to a newspaper story from the 1931. If you Google "Is the World flat" you will get about 616,000,000 results, if you Google "Is the World round" you will get about 914,000,000. The point is there is all manner of stuff on the internet, please don't believe it all.

"The flat world theory is not confined to any country, sect or group. Within recent years the Rev. John Dmich, a Catholic priest, has written a book “The Earth Is Not Round” which has had a wide sale. Another pamphlet, “One Hundred Proofs that the Earth is not a Globe”, issued by William Carpenter in 1885, the year after Rowbottom’s death, continues to appear in revised editions".

above is from the article mojo maybe you didn't read it? x

Archived