Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I had the luck to be in Felixstowe today at the biggest docks in the UK. 

My inner geek loved seeing what, when it was launched in 2015, was the biggest container carrier in the world.

And later as my kids and I skimmed stones on the beach we saw this fella coming in:

1678147479_IMG_0441copy.thumb.jpg.bef74c9b99b4b5241fcb47a2ea16d250.jpg

And after walking 50 metres higher up the beach we saw this:

394501070_IMG_0446(1)copy.thumb.jpg.d3fd9c8ed33c2148d247c1642ae174ad.jpg

Score one to the existence of the horizon.

Bollocks - it’s an inflatable toy 3 feet long and you simply blew it up more to make it ride higher in the water, you crook.

Cheers, Manxy Uhtred’s Got Wright x

54 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

From the Land of Make Believe, no doubt.

If that is how you like to refer to reality, then yes! Globe lie tours, radio interviews, manx radio stations and newspapers all engaging this subject, as i have shown in my previous updates, bob.

You love it! x

Just now, paul's got wright said:

Globe lie tours, radio interviews, manx radio stations and newspapers all engaging this subject, as i have shown in my previous updates, bob.

Yet it adds nothing to the credibility of the theory. 99% of media coverage is generally taking the piss out if it and its 'believers.' Then again, I don't think for one minute you believe the earth is flat. And that video you just posted: another deluded yet plausible (to the weak-minded) crank. What are you actually getting out of this Paul?

16 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

...engaging this subject, as i have shown in my previous updates...

What with all these rebuttals you feel you have to post, its as if you're being pulled around like a Puppet on a String.

I wonder how long more it will take before you realise you have met your Waterloo?

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Yet it adds nothing to the credibility of the theory. 99% of media coverage is generally taking the piss out if it and its 'believers.' Then again, I don't think for one minute you believe the earth is flat. And that video you just posted: another deluded yet plausible (to the weak-minded) crank. What are you actually getting out of this Paul?

Leave him be quilp, he doesn't have any real friends...

Good video Paul and one I noticed recently. He sounds very scientific in his approach and using terminology that demonstrates the use of mathematics as one should.

It appears that the solutions are far easier if looked at a level earth than a conspiracy theorised ball earth with bendy water etc.

This is his first video and pleasing that he doesn't need computerised simulations or photoshopped pictures in demonstrating logic in mathematical terms and I will be following further videos to see how he demonstrates those

37 minutes ago, manxy said:

He sounds very scientific in his approach and using terminology that demonstrates the use of mathematics as one should.

Oh gawd ... Manxy the man is mathematically illiterate.  He confuses his vectors and continually makes elementary errors in his use of the different frame of references.

It appears that the solutions are far easier if looked at a level earth than a conspiracy theorised ball earth with bendy water etc.

Appears ... appears is all very well.  The problem is, he is wrong.  But how are we going to judge that?  Manxy, to be frank you are in trouble here because you don't have the analytical skills to distinguish this.  I could spend multiple hours trying to teach you, and dear little Paul, vector mathematics, but that is an exercise in futility, because you would ignore the results and latch on to some other aspect of this issue.  Why you do this may be worthwhile debating, what a fixation - the world is flat and every reputable person trained in astronomy, navigation, geo-physics etc etc is lying to you.  You think that is reasonable starting point for your beliefs and then think Brian Mullen is some Messiah who proves this up in a 28 minute long video on Youtube.  

This is his first video and pleasing that he doesn't need computerised simulations or photoshopped pictures in demonstrating logic in mathematical terms and I will be following further videos to see how he demonstrates those

Then you will be simply a blind person, following a blind person, making up ever bigger stories due to your inability to see.  It really troubles me how you latch on to this guy as some reasonable deliverer of truth - while ignoring centuries, no, millennia of work measuring the shape of the Earth.  Sighs, what is the point of me spending hours teaching you that this man is wrong, when you will ignore this and bring up another useful idiot who doesn't understand refraction, the corriollis effect, the precession of a Foucault Pendulum, atmospheric scattering, astro-navigation, surveying etc.

Archived