Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most Pink Floyd tracks, they need to be heard in their full context. When the full album is played the track mean so much more.#

Classic case was the single " Another brick in the wall" should never have been a single. It was part of a much bigger "piece" and should only have been heard as such, in the film or the album.

Radio X is well worth a listen (if you have digital radio).  They play the likes of Pink Floyd, Muse, Stereophonics, Red Hot Chilli Peppers (great band!), Foo Fighters, Richard Ashcroft and Oasis to name but a few.  I have actually found several new bands that I have enjoyed through that station.

28 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Radio X is well worth a listen (if you have digital radio).  They play the likes of Pink Floyd, Muse, Stereophonics, Red Hot Chilli Peppers (great band!), Foo Fighters, Richard Ashcroft and Oasis to name but a few.  I have actually found several new bands that I have enjoyed through that station.

Sounds hideous. 

There's nothing wrong with musical snobbery, it's just another word for being discriminate in what you like or having taste. The alternative is saying everything is equally good.

You're welcome to disagree, and put forward a defence on your favourite band, and I'll listen to it. Of course some people's opinions are more interesting and valid than others - some people have listened to a wider range of music, or spent more time listening it to, attending gigs, playing music than others. Some might have demonstrated a deep knowledge of a particular genre - they might know more about jazz than me so if I say "I like ABC" and they say "Then you must hear XYZ." I'll listen. 

Of course, if you're not that bothered about music, you can dismiss that as musical snobbery and carry on listening to Chris Moyles. 

Don't miss the point that the broader your taste the more you have to enjoy.

We enjoyed the opera at Arena di Verona and we're off to see Roy Harper in Leeds. Thats "Have a Cigar" by Floyd.

Seems to me you like to put things like music into boxes. Obviously impossible for us...

What happened to the tides?

The result of gravity that is, not the group....

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't miss the point that the broader your taste the more you have to enjoy.

I agree. There's no genre I've come across that doesn't have thrilling artist in it. Some you have to dig a little deeper, than others to find the worthwhile, but it's usually there. 

There's very few artists without any merit but those that are, and especially those that have had the benefit of vast budgets and marketing machines behind them and still turn out rubbish should be castigated. 

Archived