Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

Who knows?

Lets find out eminem.

What is the scientific evidence you can provide, that the earth we live on is a spinning oblate spheroid, hurling through the vacum of space, with unimaginable vast bodies of tidal waters, all in perfect sync and motion, and travelling around the sun?

Cant wait x

You cited the definition of the scientific method from the University of Rochester and they have on their own website numerous references to the globe and even images depicting the globe.  Are you suggesting that this institute which you hold in such esteem would have something such as the shape of our world wrong on their website? 

I also notice that you are avoiding Chinahand again...  

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

He’s said he can’t do the maths. 

Paul you should look up trig functions. Think how you could use tan to solve the triangles. 

Paul thinks Trig is a character from Only Fools and Horses and Tan is what you get on a Spanish beach.

8 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

You cited the definition of the scientific method from the University of Rochester and they have on their own website numerous references to the globe and even images depicting the globe.  Are you suggesting that this institute which you hold in such esteem would have something such as the shape of our world wrong on their website? 

I also notice that you are avoiding Chinahand again...  

Would you like another citation from another uni? I posterd stanford, would you like Harvard and yale?

I hold none of them in any esteem! You do though, as does china. Good luck debunking it. Good luck providing the evidence i asked for as well. Any scientist can be wrong, that is why science welcomes scrutiny.

Maths will not save chinahand here eminem. This is the science thread mate x

19 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Sigh - well Paul, are you going to try and solve a 14 year olds old's maths problem rather than insisting I'm ignoring the Rochester University while I patiently build an argument based around the Rochester University web page?

Here's the diagram - your objective is to get an expression for y depending upon x and h.

Maths1.png.438abe502c2144ba78eade25ac61c77b.png

I'm guessing you'll not be up to it and will accuse me of being religious, but why don't you give it a try.

Not at all china nothing religious about this diagram. Its just irrelevant to the point of this thread. We are looking for scientifically validated evidence that the earth is a spinning oblate spheroid.

Maths doesnt cut it.

I just challenged you to show me where it is in the scientific method?

9 hours ago, Chinahand said:

He’s said he can’t do the maths. 

Paul you should look up trig functions. Think how you could use tan to solve the triangles. 

I never said i cant do it china thats not fair. I can do anything i like if i study it well enough. There must be something you have yet to learn in maths? We all have our stage we are currently at, anyone can improve and learn more. 

It would take my free time off  though china! Trig is easy china come on mate! Anyone could do the basics!

Imagine me takin you for a game of 5 a side! The difference is i can learn maths to any level i like within my ability, and i am well capable china i can assure you. Look into the science, of speed of thought in football. Its fascinating. The most intelligent players think the fastest with the highest results of completion.

If you are a novice footballer, with weak technique, slow decision making, then there is no amount of study or practice will ever get you to a decent level. You simply couldn't cope with the advanced players. You could practice for 10 yrs, and still get nowhwere near.

If you have no natural ability it really hinders progress to the highest level in some ways. I know maths can be extraordinarily complex at the highest level and i commend your awsome ability to understand theories and concepts at such levels.

But maths cant save you here china, only science can x

1 hour ago, paul's got wright said:

Would you like another citation from another uni? I posterd stanford, would you like Harvard and yale?

I hold none of them in any esteem!

That’s a shame because Harvard think you’re great...just like those teachers do. 

Archived