Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

I double checked the figures its only 46ft for the first min, but still the average per min over an hour would be 2777

He is a simple little experiment that might help you understand. Stand up and jump, observe what happens. Yes, you go up and come back down again. For your theory about the plane to work there would have to be no gravity, nothing pulling on the plane. You do accept that gravity exists?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerry, have you ever been on holiday to somewhere in a different time zone? I have, so can confirm they exist. What's your explanation for it being night time in other parts of the world right now?

I did address this in an earlier post, I cannot seem to find it at the moment,,The Flat Earth Model states the sun moves around the disc, like the needle on a record, moving in and out for the various seasons (between the tropic and cancer and Capricorn), if you take a torch in a dark room and move it around in a circle, pointing straight down you should see what I mean..

As for science and the sun, Issac Newton once said in relation to the sun, “It matters not whether we reckon it 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!” that's not very Scientific is it?

Gerry, could you please just give us a description of the sun and in what directions its light shines?

It would be helpful if while doing this you contrasted how it might be different from a torch.

Probably a better way to put would be, that the pilot leaves the cockpit at 100ft above sea level and returns 1 hour later to find the plane is now 166766ft above sea level.

Gerry - when a plane is flying a long straight and level do you realise all the forces on it balance?

The thrust from the propellers equals the drag of the air on the fuselage.

The lift from the wings equals the weight of gravity pulling down on it.

Does that make sense to you?

post-1364-0-40684700-1430385918_thumb.png

Gerry I've added a line on your flat earth, and put 18 rays from the sun along it.

Could you tell me - where does it get dark on this line. Is it between say ray 3 and ray 4?

What does getting dark look like for a person at that point?

For people living just a bit to the left and just a bit to the right of that point what does it look like? Where is the sun in the sky? Do they have to look up to see it? Is it above the horizon?

At the point where it gets dark where is the sun? Is it above, on, or below the horizon?

Please do give answering these questions a go. I'm not trying to trick you. I think your answers will be very helpful in helping me to understand how a flat earth works.

Mojo: What I am trying to get at is regardless of if gravity exists or not, surely with the consensus saying he earth curves the amount it does, is this curve taken into account by the pilot or their equipment?, you plane is steady with gravity at its 100ft above the ocean with the gyroscope fixed level however the curvature of the Earth is falling away quite rapidly at these speeds, what compensation do they make for it, are you saying Gravity has it?

Mojo: What I am trying to get at is regardless of if gravity exists or not, surely with the consensus saying he earth curves the amount it does, is this curve taken into account by the pilot or their equipment?, you plane is steady with gravity at its 100ft above the ocean with the gyroscope fixed level however the curvature of the Earth is falling away quite rapidly at these speeds, what compensation do they make for it, are you saying Gravity has it?

In simple terms, yes is it gravity that explains why your plane doesn't fly off into space. Gravity is very relevant to flat earth.

Archived