Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Branson's in on it too. He's obviously part of the conspiracy to keep us all from the truth that the earth is really flat. Have to say the CGI of that fake near-space flight was very convincing, the techies did a great job artificially recreating the curvature and atmospheric conditions one might expect at 50km high.

But they're not fooling anyone, eh Paul..? 

Ok. So if I was build 2km high towers in every country , and hang 1.99 km long plumblines from them with really heavy weights attached, would the angle of the lines point towards the center of gravity of the earth as predicted by Newtons gravitaional law?

It would need to be a calm day of course.

There was an experiment on the scottish mountain Schehallian a while back.

Anyway. the angle could be explained by round earth ideas, and also by flat earthers saying the gravitational mass is under the north pole, using their map.

However, the flat earth solution would mean that gravity has a horizontal vector as well as vertical.

So a plumb bob hung from the antartic ice shelf would possibly be near horizontal. And ppl at the south pole was experience sideways gravity.

But penguins show no sign of evolutionary traits that suit horizontal gravity.

If they had evolved to handle non vertical gravity, how on earth can they manage their daily walks at Edinburgh zoo?

And if the gravitational center is at the north pole on the disk model, that would require people in the north, for example north america, to weigh more than ppl at the edges.

Oh wait.. flat earthers win that one.

9 hours ago, quilp said:

So Branson's in on it too. He's obviously part of the conspiracy to keep us all from the truth that the earth is really flat. Have to say the CGI of that fake near-space flight was very convincing, the techies did a great job artificially recreating the curvature and atmospheric conditions one might expect at 50km high.

But they're not fooling anyone, eh Paul..? 

Oh quilpy, you do walk straight in to them dont you! 50 km you say! Curvature you say!

Well, how high was the red bull jump? It matters, research it. Did felix see the curve?

They are certainly not fooling everyone x

10 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

You think religion is some sort of binary executable code stored as a single entity in a database management system?

I thought your obsession with demonstrating the stupid FE 'debate' was a bit weird, but that's truly bizarre!

You dont know what i think until i tell ye. Ok blob?

Yes, your strawman is truly bizarre x

Archived