Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

My view was that PGW was trying to ridicule JW or at least undermine JW’s superior knowledge.

I just felt it was outside of the usual tit for tat banter , Nothing more :thumbsup:

I absolutely was not, me and john do not banter therefore our exchanges are always outside of that remit.

What superior knowledge?

Please do enlighten us! This sounds fun x

34 minutes ago, pongo said:

I'm not convinced that it's okay people posting conspiracy lies. It's a short hop from nonsense about the moon landings, flat earth etc to spreading dangerous disinformation about medical issues - eg vaccinations, 5G, made up cancer cures etc.

Did you not see who lost the court case!

9 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

I absolutely was not, me and john do not banter therefore our exchanges are always outside of that remit.

What superior knowledge?

Please do enlighten us! This sounds fun x

As I see it, there are three Wright’s on here.

Two of them are very intelligent, the other one is you. Sorry to burst your bubble.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

I'm not convinced that it's okay people posting conspiracy lies. It's a short hop from nonsense about the moon landings, flat earth etc to spreading dangerous disinformation about medical issues - eg vaccinations, 5G, made up cancer cures etc.

Yes, but some ostensibly eminent people have done that in the past too. It's a slippery slope. Most of us will agree that the Earth is a sphere, but what about subjects that are more contentious? Where do we draw the line between suppression of the ludicrous and suppression of the controversial on the same pretext, and who is qualified to arbitrate?

When you open up something as powerful as the internet to the great unwashed, you unleash powerful forces. People pick their own truth and it has the potential to make the entire planet ungovernable. 

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

We’ve only got so far because many, you included, as evidenced in the quoted post, don’t understand science.

There is very little natural science that is absolute. It’s all theory, ( supposition in your terms ) based on best evidence, until someone proves the theory wrong.

So, the earth as an oblate spinning sphere theory is centuries old andbacked by huge amounts of evidence, and hasn’t been proved wrong. To the extent it’s extremely unlikely it’s anything else.

All the flat earth theories are based on misinterpretation, wrong facts, poor science and deductions, and can be demonstrated to be false.

Its you that’s the troll. You don’t answer simple questions about your beliefs, your response is to seek absolute evidence and to rubbish the large volume of fact based observational and mathematical evidence.

Try this. https://www.unlv.edu/news/release/round-earth-clues-how-science-proves-our-home-globe

john i have just read the article you linked to and it is an absolute shambles from start to finish. its disingenuous, insubstantial, and lacking any scientific citations or experimental evidence.

On another note, it contradicts a couple of the cliches we have had parroted  over the years by a few people!

I will reply tomorrow with a thourough analysis to back up this post, because it is vitally important that people understand the actual scientific method, before jumping to false assertions. 

12 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

john i have just read the article you linked to and it is an absolute shambles from start to finish. its disingenuous, insubstantial, and lacking any scientific citations or experimental evidence.

On another note, it contradicts a couple of the cliches we have had parroted  over the years by a few people!

I will reply tomorrow with a thourough analysis to back up this post, because it is vitally important that people understand the actual scientific method, before jumping to false assertions. 

No Paul, it really isn't.

Archived