Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But PGW should have the right to put his point of view . I seldom agree with his views and I am guilty of mocking them, but is this banning a bit too much.

Should one be banned for questioning a mod's view.?,

Apparently he was warned but failed to take heed of said warning, hence the ban. Hey shit happens, suck it up and rest for two weeks...:D

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Should one be banned for questioning a mod's view.?

Not so much questioning a mod’s a view as the execution of the questioning I’d say.

14 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

wooley for moderator of course,

:D Thank you for the vote of confidence, paul. Much gratified. I am indeed the most moderate, fair-minded, calm, level-headed individual I've ever had the good fortune to encounter. I like to think that I can see and appreciate everyone's point of view, even if it's ridiculous. In turn, I am nominating this for the MF interesting suggestion of the year award.

Has a moderator ever been banned, I wonder??? I have seen some pretty intemperate stuff from them on occasion, but I suppose we all have days like that. Who watches the watchers?

Sadly, though, herding cats is not my strong point and I don't think I would last too long. Furthermore, I'm sure that it must be a thankless task for which the only reward is the opprobrium of the disgruntled and the constant fear of a tap on the shoulder from Plod, because some moron has gone too far in print.

12 hours ago, woolley said:

Why is it that every other sizeable planet or star is a sphere, or at least an ellipsoid, but the Earth is flat?

Good point although whats real or not in this day of CGI/photo manipulation is questionable. For instance and you've probably seen the TV adverts yourself, they can edit, delete people or objects out of pictures or move them around. 

The moon was supposedly made out of cheese once although whats on the dark side is anyones guess... maybe some Geitost as thats a dark cheese.. Hah :P

Another theory is that the moon is hollow and artificial and supported by NASA scientists claims after a deliberate crash using a lunar module at 3800mph resulted in a bell sound.

Not saying its fact or fiction, but its claimed that the planets have a polygonal feature which if true, seems an odd feature

They do say that gravity is the reason for their roundness and therefore all planets have gravity. 

Regards the earth being flat, maybe we can one day travel off earth and see for ourselves as there's far too many theories floating about that are plausible for me and I'll always have my doubts because of conflicting information and lack of trust in Government agencies. Each to their own and I'm ok with that. (Please don't add anything Chinahand as I know you'll want to)

3 minutes ago, kevster said:

People have been doing that for a fair few years already

So they claim kev, so they claim.

I can't prove it either way and will therefore stay on the fence as I'll need to travel in a futuristic moon bus or whatever it will be. Wonder if they'll do pick ups from Douglas?  LoL :P

1 minute ago, manxy said:

So they claim kev, so they claim.

I can't prove it either way and will therefore stay on the fence as I'll need to travel in a futuristic moon bus or whatever it will be. Wonder if they'll do pick ups from Douglas?  LoL :P

So that brightly lit ISS that crosses our skies from time to time means what then?

image.png.6cfe3ea281f2a3fc73d54d1181245b2d.png

Just 15 minutes after its closest approach to Pluto on July 14, 2015, NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft looked back toward the sun and captured this near-sunset view of the rugged, icy mountains and flat ice plains extending to Pluto’s horizon. The smooth expanse of the informally named icy plain Sputnik Planum (right) is flanked to the west (left) by rugged mountains up to 11,000 feet (3,500 meters) high.
(Image: © NASA/JHUAPL/SwRI)

From space.com.  A picture of Pluto.  Pluto, ffs!  For most of our history all we could see was this:

image.thumb.png.ac8175e9d6659b5c98012b6d016af2db.png

58 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

So that brightly lit ISS that crosses our skies from time to time means what then?

Is it in inner space or outer space? They can put balloons up that far Neil.

I can't prove it is or isn't Neil and have to rely on NASA's pictures which have been proved to be unreliable in the past. 

Like I said before - you believe what you want to believe and I'll do the same. We'll agree to disagree

5 minutes ago, manxy said:

Not going there Wooley as it only creates anger in people

OK, manxy. I've seen the conspiracy theories such as The Apollo Hoax: we never went to the moon, et al (which are beyond sensible discussion), but it was the fact that you mentioned proof that NASA pictures were unreliable that caught my interest.

Archived