Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

1 hour ago, manxy said:

Is it in inner space or outer space? They can put balloons up that far Neil.

I can't prove it is or isn't Neil and have to rely on NASA's pictures which have been proved to be unreliable in the past. 

As ever prove is a difficult word, but you and a friend can easily take measurements that can be used to work out the height of the ISS. Nothing to stop you doing that at all. 

Those that do it get consistent results that it is 100s of km above the Earth never 10s. 

Why do you think that is Manxie?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chinahand said:

As ever prove is a difficult word, but you and a friend can easily take measurements that can be used to work out the height of the ISS. Nothing to stop you doing that at all. 

Those that do it get consistent results that it is 100s of km above the Earth never 10s. 

Why do you think that is Manxie?

You know something CH, I like you and rather than put something up to distort things, I'd like to hear what you've got to say as you've always got a good theory and as equal as some others. 

Please understand that my viewpoint is very negative with NASA although they can buy me out if they so wish

51 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@manxy you do realise that you do not need photos from NASA of other planets don't you?

A telescope would let you see with your own eyes.

As much as I'd like to spend money on the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe at only £300 pound or so and great for beginners, I'll give it a miss as I don't really have an interest in space, regardless of my many comments on here and mostly in response to others wanting a reply.

I have always however, wanted to view the night sky from the observatory and is on my bucket list.

23 hours ago, dilligaf said:
On 8/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, Uhtred said:
On 8/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, Neil Down said:

This is not going to end well...for somebody

Indeed.

But PGW should have the right to put his point of view . I seldom agree with his views and I am guilty of mocking them, but is this banning a bit too much.

Should one be banned for questioning a mod's view.?,

I'm not going to criticise the Mods for doing an impossible job.

I despise PGW's sneers, evasions, and put downs, but that is par for the course for MF and is he really that different from those quoted above?

PGW can't resist the petty insults of the peanut gallery, is extremely poor at expressing himself, has a simplistic view of the scientific process and is a master at wriggling out of a request for a straight answer.

John put up a poorly written, but basically correct article and PGW got his nickers in a twist, producing some of the longest posts and analyses he's ever produced., but as ever his language is full of snide and sneer.

My advice to anyone who will listen is to not play to the peanut gallery and don't piss off the mods.

PGW doesn't have the self control to manage that.  Not surprised, not surprised by the consequences.

I doubt PGW will ever answer the question about what "causes" his thumb to change its position when looked at first by his left eye and then the right.  He'd rather play games.

1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

I'm not going to criticise the Mods for doing an impossible job.

I despise PGW's sneers, evasions, and put downs, but that is par for the course for MF and is he really that different from those quoted above?

PGW can't resist the petty insults of the peanut gallery, is extremely poor at expressing himself, has a simplistic view of the scientific process and is a master at wriggling out of a request for a straight answer.

John put up a poorly written, but basically correct article and PGW got his nickers in a twist, producing some of the longest posts and analyses he's ever produced., but as ever his language is full of snide and sneer.

My advice to anyone who will listen is to not play to the peanut gallery and don't piss off the mods.

PGW doesn't have the self control to manage that.  Not surprised, not surprised by the consequences.

I doubt PGW will ever answer the question about what "causes" his thumb to change its position when looked at first by his left eye and then the right.  He'd rather play games.

But China. PGW is not a child. We are all grown up on here and definitely don't need to be patronised and told what to say or think. Unless a post is likely to lead to legal action, it should not matter what is said, or by who. Why is everything such a big deal and why do certain posters get banned so often because they dare to say it as it is. Moderation was always " moderate" so why the big hand on the hammer now. 

This forum was boring as hell when all the bad boys were banned and I screen shotted ( ?) who was on line at various times to show that it was so quiet. If they want a WI type forum, then just bin 20 posters off and leave the rest to massage each others egos. 

PGW , as whacky as he seems at times was a very interesting poster, just like many of TJ's family. They keep the interest up and when they are gone this place will be a ghost town.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

But China. PGW is not a child. We are all grown up on here and definitely don't need to be patronised and told what to say or think. Unless a post is likely to lead to legal action, it should not matter what is said, or by who. Why is everything such a big deal and why do certain posters get banned so often because they dare to say it as it is. Moderation was always " moderate" so why the big hand on the hammer now. 

This forum was boring as hell when all the bad boys were banned and I screen shotted ( ?) who was on line at various times to show that it was so quiet. If they want a WI type forum, then just bin 20 posters off and leave the rest to massage each others egos. 

PGW , as whacky as he seems at times was a very interesting poster, just like many of TJ's family. They keep the interest up and when they are gone this place will be a ghost town.

Fully agree. I've never understood the banning fetish, and certainly not simply because somebody disagrees with something someone said, even if it's bonkers. So what? Nobody died. The flat earthers and the Apollo hoaxers don't offend me. I think their ideas are nuts, but they don't offend me. They can be entertaining, actually. Like anything else, if a view is denied a platform it gathers strength in the shadows and makes its proponents more convinced that they are on to something and the mainstream has something to hide.

I obviously go with the "if a post is likely to lead to legal action" basis for censoring and banning, probably permanently, and I would add those who indulge in tiresome battles where two posters are just trading personal insults for page after page - not just a few posts of a skirmish - without adding anything else. In short, laissez-faire other than where the forum is open to damage by legal sanction or where it is being hijacked for the purpose of personal abuse.

4 hours ago, Chinahand said:

...as ever his language is full of snide and sneer.

My advice to anyone who will listen is to not play to the peanut gallery...

Just out of interest, which of us do you consider belong in your oft-mentioned “peanut gallery”?

It’s just that this sounds a bit snidey and sneery to me, but I don’t know whether to be personally offended or not. 

3 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Just out of interest, which of us do you consider belong in your oft-mentioned “peanut gallery”?

It’s just that this sounds a bit snidey and sneery to me, but I don’t know whether to be personally offended or not. 

I would consider you a step above that. In the almond gallery definitely and with aspirations for the macadamia gallery.

10 hours ago, manxy said:

As much as I'd like to spend money on the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe at only £300 pound or so and great for beginners, I'll give it a miss as I don't really have an interest in space, regardless of my many comments on here and mostly in response to others wanting a reply.

You could ask someone with an interest in space to borrow one or go with them.  After all the island is an excellent place to look at space thanks to our dark skies.

There is also a certain irony that you have no interest in space yet criticise NASA and those who do have an interest and know more about it than you.  In fact that sounds rather familiar when it comes to you. 

9 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I do hope that’s a rhetorical question. And ‘nickers’ begins with a ‘k’.

12 hours ago, manxy said:

I'll give it a miss as I don't really have an interest in space, regardless of my many comments on here and mostly in response to others wanting a reply.

I have always however, wanted to view the night sky from the observatory and is on my bucket list.

For someone without an interest in space Manxy, you have some very controversial views to share. I recommend that you follow your own advice and go to the observatory. Speak to some of the astronomers. You will love it. Far more rewarding to gain knowledge from the reality of the cosmos and those who have made a lifetime's study of it than to believe stuff posted online by charlatans and mischief makers without a shred of evidence. One thing I don't understand. What do the powers that be have to gain by convincing everyone that the planet is a sphere if in fact it is flat?  

46 minutes ago, woolley said:

For someone without an interest in space Manxy, you have some very controversial views to share. I recommend that you follow your own advice and go to the observatory. Speak to some of the astronomers. You will love it. Far more rewarding to gain knowledge from the reality of the cosmos and those who have made a lifetime's study of it than to believe stuff posted online by charlatans and mischief makers without a shred of evidence. One thing I don't understand. What do the powers that be have to gain by convincing everyone that the planet is a sphere if in fact it is flat?  

To keep a topic open for 442 feckin pages...

On 8/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, woolley said:

What do the powers that be have to gain by convincing everyone that the planet is a sphere if in fact it is flat?  

I've asked this question a few times in this thread- an answer came there none.

And now, if ever it was needed, there will be proof that might leave one prominent flat-earther thoroughly, if not sorely, disappointed. Should he ever get off the ground and survive the flight in the first place, that is...

_20190818_111516.JPG

_20190818_111542.JPG

Archived