Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2019 at 1:54 AM, hampsterkahn said:

Those pictures ? Yeah ..of the moon, right?   The dark bit and the light bit ?

Like the  light is coming from the sun but the earth is in between it and the moon and .. there like a shadow, of the earth on the moon , yeah?

The shadow of the earth, (OK .OK.. ,stay with me here).. has..  like an edge?

Thing is  though, that edge? Yeah ?   I mean ,it does looks a little bit like curved  like , dunnit? 

Like the earth maybe like got like a curved edge, too  -  sorta like it was round ,a  bit like a what’s it ..  a ball.

Nah ..them pictures they are like, fakes, innit?

So here you are describing an eclipse? Certainly not describing why the Moon in its phases has light bits and dark bits.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, Sheldon said:

I wonder if a moderator might consider deleting this pointless shit?

And after that, delete all of his or her spam posts too while they're at it.

Never understand these appeals to admin. Why? Because someone posted some shit you don't agree with? Well let's delete the internet.

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That is not what hampsterkahn was saying though was it?

I was going by this:

Like the  light is coming from the sun but the earth is in between it and the moon and .. there like a shadow, of the earth on the moon , yeah?

Is this not describing an eclipse? If not, it seems a convoluted way of describing the way light falls on a sphere.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

I was going by this:

Is this not describing an eclipse? If not, it seems a convoluted way of describing the way light falls on a sphere.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

I was going by this:

It explains the light bit and dark bit as stated. He wasn’t trying to imply it explained the dark “side”.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Never understand these appeals to admin. Why? Because someone posted some shit you don't agree with? Well let's delete the internet.

If it was an actual “appeal to admin” it would be “@” someone, or even a formal report – but it wasn’t. It was a follow up to @Bobbie Bobster's earlier question about when a series of null content posts becomes spam, albeit made in the form of a lame joke. With hindsight, it was obviously even lamer than I realised.

People post a lot of shit I don’t agree with on here, but that’s just fine by me.

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

The dark bit is the progressive shadow created by the earth. 

Only during an eclipse, as Woolley says. The dark sections as the Moon waxes and wanes monthly are just the areas that the sunlight doesn't fall on directly. (In the crescent phase there is a faint illumination visible, earthshine, caused by secondary reflection from the Earth.)

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

The dark bit is the progressive shadow created by the earth. The dark side, which isn't really dark, is the side we cannot see from earth. 

So he WAS talking about an eclipse? That is the only scenario in which a dark bit is created on the Moon by a shadow of the Earth.

Either that, or I'm now talking to three of you who believe that the phases of the Moon are created by the shadow of the Earth.

Archived