Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

on average the summers are 18 deg cooler and the winters are 20 cooler, the N pole is not exactly surrounded by just land, there is a lot of sea there also. they will diverge and converge as the seasons change for each hemisphere, I was comparing a summer with a summer, a winter with a winter.

A summer in the North can be 0 degrees, in the south -20 degrees, winters in the south have hit -79 degrees..

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's Spook?

The Bible says in Revelations 7:1 I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

Got to be fact, surely smile.png

Personally, I see the Bible as a storybook and whether it's true or not then I couldn't say, but it's great for interpreting or misinterpreting the readings to discuss various views.

The book of Revelation contains a vision of the future by John during his exile on the island of Patmos, which is known for its magic mushrooms. It's somewhat asinine to suggest its author was actually advocating a flat earth with four corners.

Why?

I don't really want to be nasty but your man here gerry is either a master of internet trolling or a total moron. And I don't think he's a master of anything.

I love a good conspiracy theory and all that but this?

I don't know, I take it they are just lights possibly flat.

I have wondered lately why the massive avg temperature difference between the two poles, Antarctica is way colder than the n pole, I would not expect this on a globe, it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense on a flat earth.

Oh here goes, against my better judgement, because when an argument is so far up the stupid tree it is probably futile:

Why do the movements of the planets follow the ecliptic, a great circle?

Why do satellites stay up?

Why do all our systems of navigation based on geodetic models work?

Why, if you follow any of the parallels, do you end up back where you started?

Why are the meridians not parallel?

How do geostationary satellites hold station?

When we point our satellite dishes at geostationary satellites, why does the required elevation increase as our latitude decreases, and decrease as our latitude increases?

Why is a great circle course shorter than a rhumb line?

Why does rhumb line navigation cease to work at high latitudes?

When we represent the terminator (the night/day junction) on a map, for example a Mercator projection map, why is it shaped like an S curve?

The answer, a fact known by humans since at least the time of the early navigators in the early 16th century, is that the Earth is a spheroid. So are the other planets of the solar system. You can see them through a telescope and observe that yourself if you are too obtuse to believe the learning recorded in thousands of books.

I don't really want to be nasty but your man here gerry is either a master of internet trolling or a total moron. And I don't think he's a master of anything.

Still trying to work out who you are, but time will tell.

Anyway, the thread had died but CH started fishing again and resurrected it.

on average the summers are 18 deg cooler and the winters are 20 cooler, the N pole is not exactly surrounded by just land, there is a lot of sea there also. they will diverge and converge as the seasons change for each hemisphere, I was comparing a summer with a summer, a winter with a winter.

A summer in the North can be 0 degrees, in the south -20 degrees, winters in the south have hit -79 degrees..

Antarctica is a great continental landmass. The Arctic largely consists of ocean. As you should have learned at school (have you left school yet?) continental climates are much more extreme than oceanic ones.

Why don't you just ask?

I know who both of you are - who cares? He/she is right that Gerry is an obvious troll.

Where's Spook?

The Bible says in Revelations 7:1 I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

Got to be fact, surely smile.png

Personally, I see the Bible as a storybook and whether it's true or not then I couldn't say, but it's great for interpreting or misinterpreting the readings to discuss various views.

The book of Revelation contains a vision of the future by John during his exile on the island of Patmos, which is known for its magic mushrooms. It's somewhat asinine to suggest its author was actually advocating a flat earth with four corners.

Why?

Because it's symbolic / poetic language. It's not intended to be literal. If you bothered to read the entire book instead of one verse, you'd see from the context that it's all symbolic.

When it comes to researching anything that is not consensus you have to take into account that much of our history that is presented in establishment text books is simply fake, it's been put there to shape our worldview.

Whist looking into flat earth many things like the existence of dinosaurs are now in question with me, and Darwinian evolution also are quite probably "red herrings". I seems great charlatans and widespread fraud has brought our historical events together.

And remember all these great text book discoverers were "Jesuits" and I believe working on their part of the "great work"

I don't know, I take it they are just lights possibly flat.

I have wondered lately why the massive avg temperature difference between the two poles, Antarctica is way colder than the n pole, I would not expect this on a globe, it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense on a flat earth.

Oh here goes, against my better judgement, because when an argument is so far up the stupid tree it is probably futile:

Why do the movements of the planets follow the ecliptic, a great circle?

Why do satellites stay up?

Why do all our systems of navigation based on geodetic models work?

Why, if you follow any of the parallels, do you end up back where you started?

Why are the meridians not parallel?

How do geostationary satellites hold station?

When we point our satellite dishes at geostationary satellites, why does the required elevation increase as our latitude decreases, and decrease as our latitude increases?

Why is a great circle course shorter than a rhumb line?

Why does rhumb line navigation cease to work at high latitudes?

When we represent the terminator (the night/day junction) on a map, for example a Mercator projection map, why is it shaped like an S curve?

The answer, a fact known by humans since at least the time of the early navigators in the early 16th century, is that the Earth is a spheroid. So are the other planets of the solar system. You can see them through a telescope and observe that yourself if you are too obtuse to believe the learning recorded in thousands of books.

This subject has been a great distraction for me, it's pulled me away from more important work. I did think this was perhaps the reason for it to come into view now, of all times, when so much is happening.

This thread should tickle the curiosity of people, the info is all out there, it is not my work, it's been out there for many year's.

If you look open-minded at any point of the consensus model, you will debunk it.

Go on then, why are all the Governments trying to trick us into thinking our obviously flat earth is in fact spherical?

The same Governments that can't manage to keep fiscal crimes secret, that is. Evidently smart enough to control global conspiracies.

Go on then, why are all the Governments trying to trick us into thinking our obviously flat earth is in fact spherical?

The same Governments that can't manage to keep fiscal crimes secret, that is. Evidently smart enough to control global conspiracies.

I asked that ages ago and never got an answer.

Archived