Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

I've been on 2 sky watching evenings, I think they were called "pie in the sky" up to snaefel on the electric train and a dinner in the restaurant. This was before my "flat earth " days, even saw a flashing dot pass by that they called the ISS at the time I was up there...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is very convincing...

Here is an easy experiment to try out, open Google Earth, go up to 30km elevation and look at the horizon to a similar sized portion of the globe in the images, is it as curved as the videos you posted, or the Red Bull jump images? That should tell you the type of lens used on these balloons.. on a 25,000 mile circumference oblique spheroid I wouldn't imagine we would see much curve at this height.

They bring out this sort of footage to instill in your mind,,,"The earth is a ball"

They teach us from a young age to laugh at anyone whom dares questions the shape of the earth, dare you stand out and be mocked, no not me I will stand in line and laugh at the flat earthers.....BAHHHHHHHHHHH, BAHHHHHHHHHH Larry.

He is very convincing...

Here is an easy experiment to try out, open Google Earth, go up to 30km elevation and look at the horizon to a similar sized portion of the globe in the images, is it as curved as the videos you posted, or the Red Bull jump images? That should tell you the type of lens used on these balloons.. on a 25,000 mile circumference oblique spheroid I wouldn't imagine we would see much curve at this height.

They bring out this sort of footage to instill in your mind,,,"The earth is a ball"

They teach us from a young age to laugh at anyone whom dares questions the shape of the earth, dare you stand out and be mocked, no not me I will stand in line and laugh at the flat earthers.....BAHHHHHHHHHHH, BAHHHHHHHHHH Larry.

Why do you believe Google Earth given that Google Earth shows the Earth as an obloid sphere?

Did you all see the Astro NOTS pictures coming home from their long HEROIC spate in space, so amusing to watch. A plane fly's by, drops a capsule out of the cargo bay into the sea (sorry desert this time), they film it in mid air, no live re-entry pics to be seen, they can see for miles and miles into space, we can see the moon, why no re-entry footage, just a capsule parachuting down?

I wonder if she has gotten all the hairspray out of here hair yet?

Google earth is supposed to be accurate to their model of the globe, compare it with your images and balloon footage, something doesn't add up, that all I am saying...

If it was a deliberate conspiracy why wouldn't they make them the same?

Why do they feel the need to put a distorting lens on a balloon camera should be the question to ask.

The lens is a standard GoPro lens. And the "they" you're talking about in this instance is a father and son amateur high altitude hobbyist team.

Well if they, and Redbull and NASA put a distorting lens on to show a fraudulent curvature of the earth, then they are obviously not interested in showing us the true shape, or they are deliberately trying to enforce the curve in all of our minds.

I think it is a valid question to ask..Or do you think it is just a coincidence?

GoPro admit on their website that "GoPro videos have a slight fish-eye effect"

So, not very good for seeing if the earth is flat with one of those then...that means the videos you have presented are struck out as evidence for a globe earth...

Well if they, and Redbull and NASA put a distorting lens on to show a fraudulent curvature of the earth, then they are obviously not interested in showing us the true shape, or they are deliberately trying to enforce the curve in all of our minds.

I think it is a valid question to ask..Or do you think it is just a coincidence?

Do I think it's a coincidence that the hobbyist team used pretty much the only suitable consumer camera for the job and didn't modify it in any way before sending it up?

Red Bull used GoPro Hero 2s. Presumably because GoPro sponsored the shit out of them. They also used some Canon cameras. The camera on the pod had to be a fisheye lens due to the distance it was from the pod, you'd have not been able to see much without a fisheye.

I don't have any information on what cameras NASA has used.

BTW, the 2 sticks in different locations and shadow measurement gives the same effect on a flat earth, it doesn't prove a globe, another globe theory fail I am afraid.

Its not looking good for the globe huggers...

How would it give the same result on a flat earth? Please include a drawing for clarity.

Archived