Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chinahand, yes what you say about the pole star is true, it does fall lower in the sky as we head south and would appear to fall below the horizon as we passed the equator.

The mind boggling distance for stars only came in when people started questioning the lack of Parallax with the stars positions whilst the earth was making its millions of miles journey through space, so they said the stars were trillions of miles away and this fixed this little problem, the history of the introduction of various scientific facts seems to of evolved this way.

This disappearing over the horizon effect is also possible on a flat earth due to the law of prospective, no projection tricky is needed. As the stars are not as far away as they tell us then think of it as a high object, as you move away from it the object will look lower in the sky and appear to disappear under the horizon, this is the same for the sun and moon also as the move away from us and out of our perspective, think of the top of a very tall building, as you move away the top of it appears to get closer to the ground and then disappears out of sight.

This disappearing over the horizon effect is also possible on a flat earth due to the law of prospective,

And you expect this to be taken seriously?

I may not of explained it well, I did 3 edits as I'm on a mobile device and the keyboard is a challenge.

An artist would understand what I am getting at.

An artist would look at the graph I included in my post on this subject and conclude you are wrong. Perspective does categorically not account for the change of position of the stars with distance from the pole.

Surprise surprise Gerry is making stuff up. Gerry perspective is really simple to analyse. Do the work and you'll see you're mistaken.

It seems to me that the scientific facts and figures have changed dramatically throughout time to keep the scientific model alive, this is especially true for star and planet distances, when a new question arises, simple change the math....

As a sidenote, I stumbled across a curious number coincidence, take the supposed angle of tilt the earth has 23.4 degrees and subtract it from 90 degrees as in a right angle, you get 66.6, I found this most interesting, this came to mind when I read Katie Perry's name earlier.

Archived