Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

Chinahand, lets run with 3,500 miles above the north pole for Polaris on the flat earth and lets see what we get..

So how far away is the Moon?

3000 miles in flat earth terms. This is the tricky bit, people can't seem to comprehend anything that didn't come from a system text book or from a NASA scientist.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chinahand, lets run with 3,500 miles above the north pole for Polaris on the flat earth and lets see what we get..

So how far away is the Moon?

3000 miles in flat earth terms. This is the tricky bit, people can't seem to comprehend anything that didn't come from a system text book or from a NASA scientist.

So presumably Polaris is much smaller than the Moon? Or does perspective work differently too?

How many people are involved in covering up the "flat earth"?

You have now suggested that travel companies are involved as well as several Governments and agencies and that this has been the case over centuries. So again how many people know the "truth"?

This alone puts massive holes in your theories without even getting into all the pseudo science you put forward.

Gerry - you've said you are willing to go with Polaris being 3500km above the North Pole. Well - please do the maths - what altitude would Polaris have above the horizon 13,000 or so kilometers away in South Africa if the world was flat?

I would expect Polaris to be approx 54 degrees above the horizon from here? I will have to wait until this evening and hope for a clear night as I think tonight is garden astronomy night for me....

Erm --- Can you explain how you worked that out, Gerry.

Come on, please try and be consistent.

How far away from the pole would you have to be to get an altitude above the horizon of 54 degrees if Polaris was 3500 km above the pole and the Earth was flat?

[edited as I can't read and missed that Gerry had put 3500 miles - I made a mistake reading it as 3500km. OPPs. Apologies]

Can you work it out for yourself, Gerry?

Please try.

Our eyes range of vision is from 110 to 1 degree, the smallest angle of which an object can be seen is 1/60th of a degree , so when an object is 3000 times its diameter away it will seem to disappear from sight, this can been shown by watching ships apparently sail over the horizon with the naked eye and when they eventually disappear from sight you can then reach for a telescope and you will see the ship again, hull and all, not half a ship as science and the youtube science shills will tells you.

The term hull down is hundreds of years old and the arrival of telescopes (and telephoto lenses) only confirmed that the ships are really disappearing over the horizon.

Gerry - you've said you are willing to go with Polaris being 3500km above the North Pole. Well - please do the maths - what altitude would Polaris have above the horizon 13,000 or so kilometers away in South Africa if the world was flat?

I said lets go with 3500 miles, not km, quite a difference.

I said lets go with 3500 miles, not km, quite a difference.

Ah ... sorry. 5600 km then ... ok that works pretty well for the IOM 54.4 degrees or so.

So, let's take the next step ... what do you think the altitude of Polaris is 13,000 km away in South Africa, or 5,600 km away in Spain.

Please do the maths - assuming a flat earth of course.

The world is definitely round. This thread has got back to where it first started, about 74 times now.

isn't it amazing that it has over 15 thousand views, yet apparently it's just so obvious to "everyone" what shape the earth is, that's it's not even worth discussing? china seems to be the most exceptional proponent of the obvious, yet feels duty bound to reiterate just how obvious this all is to "anyone". why would anyone spend anytime at all in this thread if, even the notion of a different shape was so preposterous? x

Archived