Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

now now let's keep this clean and take heed from the music once more. sing along in peace with me...........

"people all over the ball, join hands" or try "heal the ball make it a better place". and if the seancists win they could sing.............

" we are the champions, of the balllllll!!!!!" xxx

I know this thread is full of it but that's pretty low grade trolling, you really must try harder.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the hoo-hah about MH370, I would think that most informed posters would be aware of how flight tracking works currently, its limitations, and the fecking difference between ADS-B, ACARS and GPS.

Are the limitations confined to the southern Hemisphere only

I'm sure you're well aware of the details, but for other casual readers I'll spell it out.

Flight tracking on the site you posted is by ADS-B which is a ground-based system, nothing to do with GPS. The difference in flight volumes bewtween the "top half" and the "bottom half" of the map can't be used in any way to support a "GPS is bogus"-supported flat earth hypothesis.

Occam's Razor can be very effectively applied to explain the top/bottom difference, either because of the ratio of land to water being lower in the south, or becuase of the population/wealth distribution.

Perhaps you have been thinking too much about optimising your "top to bottom" argument and might focus more on a "middle out" strategy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rdyrtEf2Jk

Gerry, if you were going to think about how communications develop between groups of populations you might first weight the amount of travel by how the population was distributed, then consider how travel changes with distance, then consider by the wealth of the people involved.

world-population-density-map.jpg

openflights-routedb-2048.png

Not really, I did pass map & compass as a boy though.

I do know that it simply doesn't seem to work well when they transform the globe into the above style of map, why is that?

There is no conspiracy to this, you can even try it with an orange - http://www.mountainviewms.org/apps/download/2/OrR2hue4AouepeNinX9uBcrtqGBX5z81I0FzoHVFVkjtF6qb.pdf/orange-%20peel%20map.pdf

Carrying a globe in your pocket is a little bit more awkward than a flat folded map, or is that a conspiracy as well?

Not really, I did pass map & compass as a boy though.

I do know that it simply doesn't seem to work well when they transform the globe into the above style of map, why is that?

There is no conspiracy to this, you can even try it with an orange - http://www.mountainviewms.org/apps/download/2/OrR2hue4AouepeNinX9uBcrtqGBX5z81I0FzoHVFVkjtF6qb.pdf/orange-%20peel%20map.pdf

Carrying a globe in your pocket is a little bit more awkward than a flat folded map, or is that a conspiracy as well?

Yes but when you peel the orange does the bottom multiply many times in size?

Surely it would make much more sense if the world was flat like this.

What do you think Gerry, doesn't it explain the flight routes so much better? On your flat earth if you were flying from South Africa to Sydney you'd fly over India and China - that can't be right surely?.

1435244952.gif

The flight connections make more sense from this map...

You can also see why they don't fly over the Antarctic but choose the less efficient route, or is it just too cold for them, they seem to be able to make metal craft travel into space at much lower temperatures, seems the aircraft industry needs a bit of NASA help there..

The flight connections make more sense from this map...

You can also see why they don't fly over the Antarctic but choose the less efficient route, or is it just too cold for them, they seem to be able to make metal craft travel into space at much lower temperatures, seems the aircraft industry needs a bit of NASA help there..

You do understand the difference in cost between a space shuttle and a domestic air liner?

Ok, here is something I have been musing over for a while now. We are told by science that the moon causes the tides of the oceans. However why does it not effect all bodies of water, i.e. the great lakes are considered to be non tidal, these are very large bodies of water, why does gravity not effect them?

Archived