Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

Gerry just ignores it.

I do not ignore anything, I just know how easy images are to manipulate in Photoshop, I am somewhat skeptical as I have never seen such things with my own eyes....

Chinahand, I don't know if you are resident on the Isle of Man but if you are, then please view the great orme from Douglas head at 60 miles away and then tell me you STILL believe this photo...

BTW. I do not believe I have mentioned Lizards once in any of my posts!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick google search showed nothing for "the great Orme from Douglas head" so a link would be handy, but depending on the height the photo was taken at it doesn't sound as though it breaks with conforming to a spherical earth , great Orme is 207m high, so to see over the tangent point between Douglas and Great Orme, at a guess I'd say that would be possible from 50 meters and above at the Douglas side, maybe a little more, for at least some of Great Orme to be visible.

I've said before that I'm doubtful you will be able to see Ormes head under usual atmospheric conditions.

I've used Google Earth - from the highest point I could find on Douglas Head - 90m - you'd expect to be able to see (under standard atmospheric refraction) an object 186m high (the highest point I could find on Ormes Head) no more than 89km away.

Ormes Head is 98 km away.

So it takes slightly unusual conditions to see it. It's a refraction affecting the path length by 10% - it definitely happens, but is unusual.

Now the issue then comes down to being systematic.

Firstly you need to take a bearing - is what you are seeing Ormes Head or is it Foel Fras which at 942m will be totally visible, or any other of the Northern hills of Snowdonia.

On a personal note whenever I'm dropping from South Barrule down towards Port Erin I look out for Snowden - it's often not visible and it is one of my totems that it's a good day to see her far on the horizon.

So Gerry - go and be systematic, take a bearing, note the weather conditions, see what the air temperatures at Ormes Head and Douglas are, do some meteorology and learn about temperature inversions.

I'm reasonably sure you will only see Ormes Head under certain conditions - cold sea and surface air with a temperature inversion.

It definitely isn't impossible to see it. You've not got a gotcha I've proved a flat earth seeing Great Ormes Head from Douglas Head.

But if you do see it - well do an experiment:go down to the beach, now on a flat earth that change in altitude won't change anything. But on a spherical one it will make a huge difference.

Gerry I will grant you have seen something really incredible if you can see Great Ormes head from Douglas beach.

Again be systematic - note how the view changes as you drop down Douglas Head. I bet you it will change.

The guy in the video below shows it with only moving a few feet. Yes, it isn't that systematic there's a heat haze etc. But for an amateur demonstration it's pretty good.

I wish he'd gone back up again, but Gerry why do you think the view changes moving down just 10metres or so?

And again it is just sad for you to think everything that challenges your view point is fake. I do not think the phenomena you are putting up are fake, I just don't think you understand the whole picture and am trying to provide you with ways to add information which will help you better understand your results.

You'll only understand them by being systematic - trying to make sure you aren't fooled by nature or are fooling yourself by not taking everything into account.

The earth is spherical shaped. You can demonstrate that very clearly the next time you see Ormes Head from Douglas Head - walk down the hill. How does the view change? Go on, dare to actually systematically examine the world for once.

I am calling out fraud on that video of scotty filming Ailsa Craig.

Firstly look at his elevated picture below, and notice the mirror image of the house and the entire coastline added to the bottom of the image. Also the edges of the island have lifted out of the water.

post-35809-0-36255000-1435408766_thumb.png

post-35809-0-46369400-1435409240_thumb.png

The removal of this mirror image in the second picture (below) gives the impression of the sinking of the island due to earth curvature. Now lets look at the lower image, clearly masking out the building, also strangely lower quality, perhaps he is using an optical zoom on the elevated picture and perhaps a digital zoom at the lower level.

post-35809-0-52131600-1435409425_thumb.png

post-35809-0-20301900-1435409977_thumb.png

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that video was not fraudulently made very recently and you tube are in on it!

There is ample room for the building looking at the features close by on both pictures, its been masked out...

Are there any photographic experts out there that can give a plausible explanation of the mirror image of the bottom of the island in the elevation but not visible when he went to sea level?

8.5 mile should also given a loss of nearly 50 feet...

I wish he'd gone back up again, but Gerry why do you think the view changes moving down just 10metres or so?

Shills are normally low paid government employees, happy to sell out their fellow wo/man for money, to go back up would have just been more editing work for him and also greater chance of making a mistake, his original height didn't look too far off from his lower point also, i.e. it was not 30 metres feet.

How the hell did that happen?

post-35809-0-87862600-1435414941_thumb.png

Why would he do it, well we know why don't we, 8.5 miles out and I would bet scotty's true footage would have shown the shoreline, in favor of a flat earth...

He should of just done what all the other paid shills do and claim it was a superior Mirage...

Well I will leave it for China to rush off and find a scientific explanation of this odd video, I need to cut the grass...

You are beyond reason. It is heat haze but pretend it is conspiracy all you like Gerry. Just rock on with it.

Reasoning with you is pointless.

China don't let him troll you to this extent. He is wearing you down by idiot attrition.

Just point and laugh like the rest of us.

Archived