'Plane Crash.

Addie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot help thinking that this would already be a completely different conversation if the co-pilot had been a Muslim - or if he had a name which made people believe he might be.

On the balance of probabilities that would be reasonable. In the main they are the folk who have these tendencies after all.

I cannot help thinking that this would already be a completely different conversation if the co-pilot had been a Muslim - or if he had a name which made people believe he might be.

On the balance of probabilities that would be reasonable. In the main they are the folk who have these tendencies after all.

B I N G O

B I N G O

Not really. Just fact.

Yeah, but how many journalists, police and spooks do you think are investigating whether he was a right wing Christian with a manifesto on the internet like the Norwegian mass murderer.

When there are no leads, people look for explanations.

I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made if he had been called Mohammed Hussein.

Would it result in a Bayesian having higher prior probabilities that it was terrorism rather than murder suicide than if he was called Andreas Lubitz. I'm not sure. Both are incredibly rare events.

There is still a debate whether the Egyptian pilot who downed his plane in the Atlantic (I think) was doing it out of depression or terrorism - he mumbled Koranic verses as the plane went down iirc.

People didn't immediately jump on the bandwagon then.

I want to know how did President Hollande know that within minutes of the plane going down and in his media address he stated there would be 'no survivors', considering there was little information at the time this seemed far too certain. And from that moment I'm struggling to believe what has happened. The pilot mental health theory seems far too convenient.

I think I have this nagging doubt since the Malaysian plane went down...

I do hope what they are telling us is true....

Please, I'm not a mad conspiracy theory nutter.....I'm just uncertain...

Air traffic control saw the whole thing. It more than likely was them who phoned up saying a plane has hit a mountain at several hundred miles an hour. You don't need to be an expert in aeronautics to work out it's unlikely there will be any survivors.

Hollande just repeated what they told him. Where's the conspiracy?

Archived