'Plane Crash.

Addie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know how did President Hollande know that within minutes of the plane going down and in his media address he stated there would be 'no survivors', considering there was little information at the time this seemed far too certain. And from that moment I'm struggling to believe what has happened. The pilot mental health theory seems far too convenient.

I think I have this nagging doubt since the Malaysian plane went down...

I do hope what they are telling us is true....

Please, I'm not a mad conspiracy theory nutter.....I'm just uncertain...

Stranger things have happened.

The Yanks aren't averse to shooting down civil airliners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

And if anybody has a photo of Flight 77 striking The Pentagon, drop Reuters a line and collect $'s.

Sir Winston Churchill was correct when he said "don't believe all you read on the internet".

TBT.

I want to know how did President Hollande know that within minutes of the plane going down and in his media address he stated there would be 'no survivors', considering there was little information at the time this seemed far too certain. And from that moment I'm struggling to believe what has happened. The pilot mental health theory seems far too convenient.

And if anybody has a photo of Flight 77 striking The Pentagon, drop Reuters a line and collect $'s.

Sir Winston Churchill was correct when he said "don't believe all you read on the internet".

TBT.

That was Iranian and over pretty hostile territory. Everyone was jumpy. The Alps are not yet a war zone.

TBT.

That was Iranian and over pretty hostile territory. Everyone was jumpy. The Alps are not yet a war zone.

>Everyone was jumpy.

The Yanks "jumpy"?

Well, yes (hell, yeah?) that's one way of describing them. I'd not rule them out just yet on account of their 'previous' - as in warmongering, general stupidity and ability to become confused with the truth.

Cockpit recorders should reveal more info and they are usually deciphered by the nationality of the crash site and/or nationality of the carrier in conjunction with the aircraft manufacturer.

It may take more than one Inquest; Hillsborough is still ongoing over 25 years later.

TBT.

There are dozens of eyewitness accounts of Flight 77.

Sixth paragraph down.

"I mean it was like a cruise missile with wings, went right there and slammed into the Pentagon,' eyewitness Mike Walter said of the plane that hit the military complex."

Mike could have chosen his words a little better, no?

TBT.

@ Gizo ----

Just consider the known facts at the time.

The plane had been lost from radar tracking, the transponder had shown rapid descent and then nothing at ground level at the point that transmissions ceased, the are was the Alps, common sense dictates that it had encountered terrain at a speed such that given the nature of the terrain would be guaranteed to have resulted in disintegration and the occupants being killed by the G forces experienced when it hit the ground.

In the event it turns out that not a single body has been found intact.

Time to install second comms unit in the main cabin area, and streamed CVRs? Cannot be too difficult to over ride cockpit locks from the ground in such circumstances.

Cannot believe flight attendants don't have access to a ground linked panic button these days.

A ground control system could and probably would be hacked, an emergency button would be pressed if a member of the cabin crew had a knife held to her throat ----

IMO the best solution might be no lock on the flight deck door after all.

@ Gizo ----

Just consider the known facts at the time.

The plane had been lost from radar tracking, the transponder had shown rapid descent and then nothing at ground level at the point that transmissions ceased, the are was the Alps, common sense dictates that it had encountered terrain at a speed such that given the nature of the terrain would be guaranteed to have resulted in disintegration and the occupants being killed by the G forces experienced when it hit the ground.

In the event it turns out that not a single body has been found intact.

Why would you expect bodies to be found intact. Such massive force trauma will disintegrate organic matter no problem. The reports are that it flew straight into the mountain.

Archived