Corkill In Government Again - That Would Be Wrong

Rog

So Corkill is considering, and worse yet is being considered, to be returned to ‘government’.

( http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=1057619 )

What a disgrace.

Notwithstanding what he may or may not have done, and I have my own opinion on that matter, his actions in the period leading up to his being forced to step down were shameful. It was obvious that under the circumstances he should have stood down immediately the issue of if he did or did not fiddle arouse of for no other reason than to prevent damaging publicity and so his conduct in that time should preclude him from ever being placed in a public role ever again.

If he were to be then not only would it show that he has no idea of what is involved in public office but just as bad anyone who places him in a public office is also demonstrating that they have no idea of what is required and expected from public office.

What is WRONG with these people?

Have they never heard of the simple concept of ‘being of good character’ and that being a factor above and beyond simply not having a criminal record?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my own opinion on that matter

We all do fella, but in the eyes of the great and 'good' our opinions don't mean diddley squat.

With the exeption of Ballacain, I'm sure the former CM has been a glowing example of honesty, intergety, and determination throughout his political career. These qualities are the ones required in Government and therefore they can overlook minor indisgressions.

edit:typo

He is still in Government as a member of the house (MHK).

The news related to him looking forward to promotion back into a Ministerial position of Government.

Edit: typo

On reading the bones of the article I would be very surprised if he was virtually given promotion whilst there are still seemingly unresolved issues concerning Ballacain.

The Corkills became embroiled in a civil court action with the bosses of the building firm which carried out most of the work at Ballacain. Colin Moore and Will Kelly claimed they had not been paid for all the work, while Mr and Mrs Corkill launched a counterclaim saying they were owed money.

The matter is still before the courts.

Mr Corkill's wife Julie, who was also arrested in December, will have to answer bail again pending further legal advice, the police said.

Mr Corkill said he has already spoken to Donald Gelling, who replaced him as chief minister and is working on a new-look government, and added: 'Certainly I am always prepared to consider being involved in the process of government. 'I have spoken to Mr Gelling and speak to him from time to time and certainly if I can be of help to him in the reshuffle I would be proactive in that respect.'

How very altruistic.

My view is that Mr Corkill would be best served, and serve best, by keeping his head down and his mouth shut.

I would not have any problem with him getting back into COMIN once he has paid back the Grant monies paid to him on invoices that havent been paid to the builders at contrevention to the Tourism Grant Scheme. Dont forget this is PUBLIC money.

...but but but...

The Grant money was obtained legitimately, the dispute and scheme contraventions are in relation to Mrs. C's business, not Mr. C's political career.

/sarcasm off

Archived