Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you two responding to my post? I was talking to Keith.

No you weren't, you were writing on a forum. If you want to actually talk to Keith give him a call.

What you were doing was showing off your personal philosophy to garner attention from the contributors to this forum. Now you have it, it isn't what you expected it to be. Now go off and read a psychology book.

Why are you two responding to my post? I was talking to Keith.

No you weren't, you were writing on a forum. If you want to actually talk to Keith give him a call.

What you were doing was showing off your personal philosophy to garner attention from the contributors to this forum. Now you have it, it isn't what you expected it to be. Now go off and read a psychology book.

I was inviting the candidates to read Isaiah Berlin's two concepts of liberty and to tell us where they stand. I am personally very interested in this. Just because I mentioned something you don't have a clue about, doesn't mean I was showing off. Do I assume Chinahand is showing off when he posts science-related things which I don't understand? No, I just read his posts and I am grateful to learn something new. But then I don't have an inferiority complex like you, so I don't automatically assume people posting things I'm clueless about are showing off or need to be attacked.

But you do assume that you are superior to me and that you are smarter than me.

BTW., what's with the hyphen?

Your childish responses do point in that direction.

What hyphen?

.....It's like not knowing Karl Marx....

Now you're talking. Where do the candidates stand on The Communist Manifesto?

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other — Bourgeoisie and Proletariat.

Archived