Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everything come down to who's smarter than who on here? All Sauin did was ask a question and you brain surgeons have to get all uppity about it and prove how smart you are. No wonder most of the people I know haven't lasted longer than a day on this forum without giving up.

The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy sums it all up very well - http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/liberty-positive-negative/ (liberalism is on the negative liberty side - negative meaning the striving for liberty without, as much as possible, any outside interference or threat). I hope Amy will read it as well and tell us where she stands. I really do believe Berlin's liberty paradigm is an excellent way of getting at the heart of a candidate's positions on practically every issue. It's far more instructive than the usual left - right paradigm.

Berlin's analysis is artifically simplistic, but that's philosophy for you, of any stripe. There are always more than fifty shades of grey in any dialectic spectrum. The link you provided actually makes that very point: "On MacCallum's analysis, then, there is no simple dichotomy between positive and negative liberty; rather, we should recognize that there is a whole range of possible interpretations or ‘conceptions’ of the single concept of liberty."

So Amy isn't doing the Manx Radio live interview today's - it speaks volumes

I wouldn't want to sit in an interview with that knuckle head Malarkey.

She's doing a Cameron.

vote amy

Archived