Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can the mods abuse their position? This is an open forum, you sign up to the rules, you don't have to, you don't even have to pay. Where is the abuse?

I am a mod because I value the forums, not for any political reasons, but silly bints like you make it less and less appealing.

Straight in with the insults eh? I'm not playing your stupid game, you lot never learn. You're out of your depth with me, and I'm not in the mood for another ban thanks. Which is all you'll have in the end. You know, to save face and stuff. Ya daft old bat.

How can the mods abuse their position? This is an open forum, you sign up to the rules, you don't have to, you don't even have to pay. Where is the abuse?

I am a mod because I value the forums, not for any political reasons, but silly bints like you make it less and less appealing.

Straight in with the insults eh? I'm not playing your stupid game, you lot never learn. You're out of your depth with me, and I'm not in the mood for another ban thanks. Which is all you'll have in the end. You know, to save face and stuff. Ya daft old bat.

Nice to see you live up to your previous form.

reading from the same script as Spooky PL?laugh.png . errr "straight in with the insults" bit rich coming from you?

I'd like her to get in just to piss off Manx Forums moderators.

You spend a lot of time here, so you must like something about it. I'm glad you do as your posts are funny and the reactions of others likewise. But the mods are volunteers giving up their time to make this forum we all enjoy tick along. Yep, there's personal biases, of course there is. But they're trying their best, give them a break eh?

• If a moderator repeatedly shut threads that are critical of an industry he worked in that would be abuse.
  • If a moderator took a dislike to a poster, because he holds negative views about an activity the mod valued and repeatedly upped that poster's warn level to get him banned that would be abuse.
  • If a moderator was getting a kick out of acting like a cyber Judge Dread deleting posts without referring to the team that would be abuse.

The owner has a right to dictate the rules, the rest of you are just user-mods you are ordinary users who've agreed to help with the running of the site. But that brings with it responsibility to the community, and particularly your fellow mods to act with integrity.

TSM is one of the few posters on here who post anything worth reading.

• If a moderator repeatedly shut threads that are critical of an industry he worked in that would be abuse.
  • If a moderator took a dislike to a poster, because he holds negative views about an activity the mod valued and repeatedly upped that poster's warn level to get him banned that would be abuse.
  • If a moderator was getting a kick out of acting like a cyber Judge Dread deleting posts without referring to the team that would be abuse.

The owner has a right to dictate the rules, the rest of you are just user-mods you are ordinary users who've agreed to help with the running of the site. But that brings with it responsibility to the community, and particularly your fellow mods to act with integrity.

None of the three examples have happened while I have been a mod. Not because of any influence I have had but because they arise from an assumption that that is how it works. It doesn't.

Bans happen because the poster is a liability to the forums.

Of all the decisions I have been involved in, I am absolutely confident at the integrity. You may not see the reasons but there are good reasons in every case. You must remember that Declan?

Archived