Amy's in the race!

FACT

Nice that she can find the time to deal with something when its all about her.

Shame she couldn't find time for those two interviews though.

That's some leap of faith you've taken there. She's not the only person to use the phrase 'grow up', particularly among her supporters.

What leap of faith have I taken Slim? - perhaps you could explain?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like her to get in just to piss off Manx Forums moderators.

You spend a lot of time here, so you must like something about it. I'm glad you do as your posts are funny and the reactions of others likewise. But the mods are volunteers giving up their time to make this forum we all enjoy tick along. Yep, there's personal biases, of course there is. But they're trying their best, give them a break eh?

Come on, it's lighthearted enough..... I only give as good as I get..... thumbsup.gif

Mention was made of Amy not being able to progress from her job as a mother to that of a politician which I would say is something that only she will know, but all being fair; would the other candidates find it easy to adjust from their respective work positions to that of parliamentary status?

******** Julian Asssssss.......**********

''From Wikipedia "Fr Sl (19 votes) Douglas South...''

''

Ding Ding!!! Ding Ding!!!

****** Identity reveal *******

Bad form and against the rules, matter of public records? not to the person you revealed to.

Considering julian you have gone to some trouble in the past not to reveal your sources and, like most of us, use a nom de plume, is this fair?

If I have done anything unacceptable then the post can come down. Amadeus has never hidden who he is and there aren't that many ex IOM Austrian MHK candidates who work in e-gaming who are currently living in Manila. I would never have outed a person who has not already outed themselves. I'm pretty sure Amadeus would not mind the link. If he does then I unreservedly apologise.

You stood once too didn't you? But I won't be naming you as you have not outed yourself. Is that fair?

I'm also pretty sure that Wikipedia is a matter of public record. If you Google 'Douglas South Election Results ' every line up since 1903 comes up in the first page.

Excuse me, what did you just call me? Austrian??? Let me get my fish....

Never been a secret who I am. Not since 2006 anyway when, as stated above, I stood in Douglas South and posted to that effect in this very forum.

Please excuse the bloat quote but the post to which I refer is some pages back.

Amadeus, sorry to have elicited that insult to your nationality.

Julian, wiki and google no doubt reveal who the candidates were but do they reveal that he posts on here as Amadeus? No, it was you who drew that link and if he chooses to continue posting unde a pseudonym, then that should be respected.

There are a lot of new posters who will not be aware of who he and I are, it is not that we are trying to hide who we are, just that we have reverted to our avatar identities.

At the time of my election attempt, I did reveal, on here, who I am but since then have reverted to just plain Kopek, a name I have used since the 'dial up' days. Anyone is welcome to PM me if they have something to say that may be of interest to me politically or personally.

Actually Amadeus, Viennese Whorls, they are nothing to be ashamed of! Yum Yum. Pssst, whisper it, WAM. was actually born in Salzburg!!!

It was also not a secret when Amadeus drove round in a Poker Stars liveried car a picture of which, I seem to recall, he also used as his avatar.

He is also a sincere Manxophile.

Actually it was my own poker site. I am not affiliated with or working for poker stars, rational entertainment or any affiliates. They're a cool company though.

My apologies Amadeus, you did have a car with playing cards on it though! wink.png

Gosh Gladys, we've all had one of those.

Oh! no sorry, it was fluffy dice, wasn't it?

Julian, wiki and google no doubt reveal who the candidates were but do they reveal that he posts on here as Amadeus? No, it was you who drew that link and if he chooses to continue posting unde a pseudonym, then that should be respected.

There are a lot of new posters who will not be aware of who he and I are, it is not that we are trying to hide who we are, just that we have reverted to our avatar identities.

At the time of my election attempt, I did reveal, on here, who I am but since then have reverted to just plain Kopek, a name I have used since the 'dial up' days. Anyone is welcome to PM me if they have something to say that may be of interest to me politically or personally.

Actually Amadeus, Viennese Whorls, they are nothing to be ashamed of! Yum Yum. Pssst, whisper it, WAM. was actually born in Salzburg!!!

Amadeus has already posted to say he had no problem with what was said. So why do you feel the need to get angry on his behalf when he has already said he isn't angry about it? It has nothing to do with you. The only thing Amadeus was offended by was me suggesting he was Austrian (apologies Amadeus, no insult intended). I would suggest the focal point of your anger was actually my suggestion that you outed yourself when you stood a while back but that I wouldn't be saying anything about that as, unlike Amadeus, you had not chosen to make a direct connection between you and your Avatar. If that is your problem why not say so rather than getting vicariously angry on Amadeus' part when he has already clearly said he doesn't have an issue with what was said.

I'd stick to the Clown persona if I was you anyway. It suits you much better.

When this deluded woman uses the phrase "constituents" is she referring to the Anagh Coar massive who seem to hang on her every word?

Do you have a problem with residents of Anagh Coar?

Only a very small minority.

would the other candidates find it easy to adjust from their respective work positions to that of parliamentary status?

er, of course nope.

How many chimneys do you have to sweep in a week to make a clear £1,000 plus golden pension?

ditto letters do you have to post

...stamps to lick

.....washing machines to fix

....walls to distemper and ladders to hold

...plumbs to plumb

..late steamie boats to make excuses for

etc

When this deluded woman uses the phrase "constituents" is she referring to the Anagh Coar massive who seem to hang on her every word?

Do you have a problem with residents of Anagh Coar?

Only a very small minority.

So you are a bigot who has a problem with midgets. Shame on you.

Well, I'm afraid Amy's no show means I can now see Malarkey in the lead. If she thinks she doesn't have to do these things because she will walk it anyway, she's in for a shock.

Well, I'm afraid Amy's no show means I can now see Malarkey in the lead. If she thinks she doesn't have to do these things because she will walk it anyway, she's in for a shock.

But doesn't Malarkey's woeful performance count against him?

Surely Lib Van's campaign team, which has been successful in Douglas South in the last two elections - beating Malarkey last time - can't be written off.

It's not about Malarkey's experience in politics, it's about Douglas South's experience of Malarkey. They rejected him last time because of it, will they repeat that this time now they have had a 5 year break from him.
Last time it was that he had moved all the booze to a single aisle, now he has renamed the tip even though he can't remember what it is called now. Really, what else has he done? The corpy even chose his ex as Mayor instead of him.

I am curious about the manor house, he has been very vocal about keeping it, supported the nursery that was rejected and now includes in his manifesto something about supplying nursery education in DS apart form government. Has he a connection with the business in some way?

As Albert pointed out, he still got a good number of votes last time, scarily enough. Amy's votes may dilute the attempt by LibVan to get their candidate in, letting Malarkey win. The captain won't really feature in the results. This is now Malarkey's to lose.

Archived