Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the requisition meeting on Tuesday 19th May.

If you could please let this statement be made on my behalf I will be much appreciative.

‘This is not a decision I have taken lightly to not attend this requisition meeting. I will be attending another meeting arranged with other electorates of Douglas South, organised prior to this invitation. Also, with the limited time frame available and short notice I have decided to concentrate on what my electorate have asked me to do. As the numbers were so low at the Douglas North meeting last week I feel this is more beneficial for my campaign and the electorate as a whole. I will also be canvassing door to door on Tuesday & Wednesday to the areas I have yet to cover.

I do not feel a ‘Liberal Vannin’ engineered requisition meeting would be more beneficial to my campaign than answering what the electorate have asked of me, and they are my one and only agenda. However, if anyone in attendance would like to send me any questions or arrange a meeting in the short space of time left then I will be more than happy to do this. During my campaign I have been attending several meetings arranged by the electorate and this has proven so beneficial to me and them alike.

If I am blessed and elected on Thursday my intention is to introduce weekly surgeries and be available to everyone. That is my preferred method of communicating, being more focused on the individual(s) concerned rather than media constructed presentations which limit people’s interactions with me as we have all witnessed over the last few weeks.

Kindest Regards

The underlined bit is perhaps the most interesting line. She is absolutely right, ignoring the ridiculous assertion, about LV, a meeting in a pub with her FB friends would be a better way to promote her campaign than one which will be televised, reported in the general media and recorded on the radio. The last thing she needs to do is promote her ideas to a wider audience, someone might realise what a tool she is.

I desperately hope that they are not stupid enough to put stuttering Billy back on the gravy train and put someone with a modicum of integrity and brainpower.

He got in on a false mandate last time and proved exactly what a useless nodding dog he actually was.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the requisition meeting on Tuesday 19th May.

If you could please let this statement be made on my behalf I will be much appreciative.

‘This is not a decision I have taken lightly to not attend this requisition meeting. I will be attending another meeting arranged with other electorates of Douglas South, organised prior to this invitation. Also, with the limited time frame available and short notice I have decided to concentrate on what my electorate have asked me to do. As the numbers were so low at the Douglas North meeting last week I feel this is more beneficial for my campaign and the electorate as a whole. I will also be canvassing door to door on Tuesday & Wednesday to the areas I have yet to cover.

I do not feel a ‘Liberal Vannin’ engineered requisition meeting would be more beneficial to my campaign than answering what the electorate have asked of me, and they are my one and only agenda. However, if anyone in attendance would like to send me any questions or arrange a meeting in the short space of time left then I will be more than happy to do this. During my campaign I have been attending several meetings arranged by the electorate and this has proven so beneficial to me and them alike.

If I am blessed and elected on Thursday my intention is to introduce weekly surgeries and be available to everyone. That is my preferred method of communicating, being more focused on the individual(s) concerned rather than media constructed presentations which limit people’s interactions with me as we have all witnessed over the last few weeks.

Kindest Regards

She's dead in the water now. I did think she would be a halfway credible candidate but the sum of the activities observed during the last days and weeks has shown that not to be the case. Sadly I may add. As this dude points out, trying to sell your holidays as something giving you a better understanding of international economies is a bit....creative, while the media no-shows are all nails in her political coffin. If she wins, I will eat a hat.

So it's between hot tub Bill and that Fitton fella now. Choose wisely, Douglas South, choose wisely!

She's dead in the water now. I did think she would be a halfway credible candidate but the sum of the activities observed during the last days and weeks has shown that not to be the case. Sadly I may add.

Ah, the latest poll from our Malaysian correspondent there, but these polls are notoriously inaccurate. Come on Ames! You can do it! After all, Cretney managed it!

I'm honestly not sure that you're right, Amadeus. I think she might still sneak in. That said, I was continuously surprised that Houghton and Henderson kept getting in in my constituency, so what the fuck do I know.

No its not Keith Watterson is chairng.

Sure?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/requisition-meetings-ahead-of-keys-by-elections-1-7262306

"A Douglas South requisition meeting will be held on Tuesday at 7.30pm at Scoill Vallajeelt, where candidates Kurt Buchholz, Amy Burns, Keith Fitton and Bill Malarakey will be given the opportunity to address voters and answer questions. Juan Watterson MHK will chair the meeting."

Archived