Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that there were only 50 members of the public in attendance?

Kudos to Mrs. Burns - I dare say she could have knocked on double the number of doors last night & picked up a far greater share of the vote to boot. Amy Burns is a tactical genius! (...*sang in a footy terrace kind of way*...)

Public hears from three of the four candidates

There was a good turn out at a requisition meeting last night, ahead of a by-election in Douglas tomorrow.

Last night candidates for Douglas South headed the political debate, which more than 50 people attended.

Only three of the four candidates spoke on the panel.

Amy Burns explained her absence in a letter read to the audience.

She said she was attending another meeting with constituents which would be 'more beneficial to her campaign'.

The other candidates are independents Bill Malarkey and Kurt Buchholz and Lib Van member Keith Fitton.

Manx Radio spoke to some members of the audience after the meeting:

Dont think those in attendance were happy with Burns lame excuse

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that there were only 50 members of the public in attendance?

Kudos to Mrs. Burns - I dare say she could have knocked on double the number of doors last night & picked up a far greater share of the vote to boot. Amy Burns is a tactical genius! (...*sang in a footy terrace kind of way*...)

Its not just the people that turn up though is it. Some people might not be able to attend, but will be able view the recorded meeting.

There are low numbers in that constituency that are registered to vote, but you can bet that the 50 people that turned up are registered and will vote.

Do you think they will be voting for someone who didn't bother to turn up?

I almost wonder why we are bothering with the general elections on the horizon in 2016. Neither Henderson (ghasatly man) or Cretney have been missed. There are too many of them anyway.

It's frustrating in Douglas South. If Kurt B didn't have such an agenda against the IOMSPC he would get my vote.

Archived