Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every statement she makes..... There's always a little dig at the other candidates.

Well, she is trying to get elected ahead of them. Politics is dirty.

Although she would never do that - straight from the horses mouth:

Amy Burns Because they are clearly that low I could go to town writing criticism on their candidates and already mhks, however I don't need to

IOMtoday has now printed what reads like a sick note from her mum on the front page about why she didn't turn up last night. Some of the comments made already are priceless. She just can't help being the victim in all of this. The psychology of the whole thing is just weird.

Yep, I bet some don't last that long.

One comment states her husband was supposedly at the meeting

Another comment from an Amy supporter states :

manxmax

12:45 PM on 20/05/2015

Well done Amy, not the meeting promised at all. Full of media, Lib Van, candidates of Douglas South and non of my questions answered. Good job I had a great discussion with Amy earlier in the week. 3 candidates with no concern but their own agendas

12:46 PM on 20/05/2015

Candidates of Douglas North. Oh and people not even on the electoral roll

How would Manxmax know who at the meeting was and was not on the electoral role?

It's the sort of thing not particularly well educated New Grads might offer as a CV before they had been taught how to prepare a CV properly.

No wonder Burns has got such a weak employment history for someone of her age.

He was at the back of the hall. Asked why no local issues had been addressed by candidates. When it was pointed out that it was a national election and in fact many local issues had been addressed, just not the ones he wanted, he got very huffy.

Muppet.
"electorates" where is that a correct term? Surely, elector, singular, electorate, plural.
Her campaign, for want of a better word, just keeps giving.

He was at the back of the hall. Asked why no local issues had been addressed by candidates. When it was pointed out that it was a national election and in fact many local issues had been addressed, just not the ones he wanted, he got very huffy.

Muppet.

"electorates" where is that a correct term? Surely, elector, singular, electorate, plural.

Her campaign, for want of a better word, just keeps giving.

FACT - was that the husband that got stroppy?

ETA - seeing as you were there smile.png When the man who collected the signatures was speaking, who was it that was interacting with him? The person that said something about false statements had been made (referring to AB email)

The audio from the public part was very poor

The husband has posted that he was there.

The bloke kicking off that they didn't answer the question sounded like an idiot. It was a vague question, "what will you do for South Douglas" they gave a vague answer of specifics about damp and local schools but he felt they didn't answer the question but didn't say what he wanted addressing.

Archived