Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows you money can't buy you fucking class,

w00t.gif

I mean it. I'm sick and tired of reading about childish scum running a group shouting and tantrum party for 8 year olds and dressing it up as an election campaign. It's embarrassing. No class, no intellect, no values, and not even any basic respect for your fellow candidates. You might not get on with someone you're standing against but you could (if you are an adult with an IQ over 80) demonstrate a degree of respect. Flitton comes across as a decent guy. He's respectful. Wouldn't harm anyone. Why say people are ripping his cards up on the doorstep. Same with the comments on Beecroft. Absolutely no fucking class whatsoever. What a truly appalling person in all respects. Hope she has to return her deposit as anyone voting for such a disgraceful individual needs their fucking head testing.

No deposits in IOM elections I'm afraid. No spend limits either. Agree with what you wrote. Hoping Fitton will win, afraid Malarkey might.

Didn't spend limits come in after the Douglas East farrago?

I think you may be right,but I don't know if those limits will apply to this by election or whether they were intended to affect next years general election.

I think something about Representation of the People went through Tynwald recently.

There will be limits on spending.

There will also be big changes at the next General Election. Pulrose and Anagh Coar will be in West Douglas.

https://www.gov.im/media/1345742/constituency-map-no-3-douglas-central.pdf

'Why do the candidates come round the night before?' asks one political commentator on that FB screenshot. 'To drum up votes', replies another, without irony or sarcasm at all!

On the page of a candidate who stated herself that her time two nights before was better spent knocking on doors than at a req meeting.

I think you may be right,but I don't know if those limits will apply to this by election or whether they were intended to affect next years general election.

I think something about Representation of the People went through Tynwald recently.

There will also be big changes at the next General Election. Pulrose and Anagh Coar will be in West Douglas.

Yes indeed, didn't Cretney give that as one of the reasons he was standing for LegCo, his "old" constituency was effectively split down the middle?

Which might also have halved his Keys votes, for the cynically minded.....

Yes,I was thinking how the boundary changes might affect the type of candidate likely to gain support next year. Whoever wins tomorrow may be in for a very short term of office.

I still can't believe the nerve of the ones who get elected mhk on the assumption that they'll be there 5 years, and then jump ship to become mlc before the terms up. It's just sticking two fingers up to your electorates (keep saying it and they'll have to change the dictionary) but seems standard practice.

Archived